• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Back in the saddle again...

Adam Baker

Thought I'd drop in and say hello to everyone again. Up till this week, I've not touched a model since July of '15. Was slogging my way through an absolutely horrible kit, trying to polish a turd as it were. It was at this point that all of my modeling mojo went completely out the window, and until a couple of weeks ago, I had zero interest in modeling.

Recently joined a modeling group here in Mooresville, and in December they're doing an egg plane group build, so I decided to pull the kit egg's out of my stash and get started on them.

Even though I haven't had any interest in building, I've still been obtaining some kit's, and some detail goodies for a couple builds I've had planned for awhile. Also finally replaced an old air compressor to make painting easier, definitely looking forward to getting some use out of the new compressor.

Good to see you on here Adam, you have been missed! I figured out a while back to run the turd kits on back burner and only work on them a little at a time. It also helps me to haunt the forums I like because watching someone elses build kind of helps with the mojo when it gets low. :zen

Anyway, glad to see you around again! (y)

Yea, that's really what I should have done, but I was trying to shove through it in a sort of "I Told You So" kind of thing, b/c it was a kit I didn't want in the first place, but ended up taking for reasons that aren't really pertinent here. So because of that, I kept going when I knew I should have stopped, and it ended up killing the mojo.

I've been lurking here the entire time, knowing that eventually the desire & mojo would come back.

Good to see you on here Adam, you have been missed! I figured out a while back to run the turd kits on back burner and only work on them a little at a time. It also helps me to haunt the forums I like because watching someone elses build kind of helps with the mojo when it gets low. :zen

Anyway, glad to see you around again! (y)

Already picked out a couple! Working on two Hasegawa Egg plane kits, a P-51 & an F4U. Probably start up a build thread on them later this evening.

Hi Adam, pickup a kit you're interested in and git'er done. It'll come back to you asap.

Hey nice to see you back Adam

I know that bummer feeling been having some of it myself for a few months now Maybe we can both get back at it soon (y)

I'm egg-static to here about your model ideas! Go over easy, and keep the sunny side up, so your egg-citement won't cause a scramble! :rotf

Hey Adam,

Welcome back!

We all have those problems. Sometimes you just have to say the hell with it and pitch it in the trash! It hurts momentarily, but the next day the world is wonderful!!!

Bob

Agreed! As I've been working on cleaning up my work bench, I've had the model off to one side and have been seriously thinking about doing exactly that.

Hey Adam,

Welcome back!

We all have those problems. Sometimes you just have to say the hell with it and pitch it in the trash! It hurts momentarily, but the next day the world is wonderful!!!

Bob

Welcome back Adam!

Always good to take a break once in awhile. We all need some time to build up the mojo again!

Back