• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Australia vs. Italy tonight

BradJ

Well here's hoping for a great game of tennis tonight (my time) at Roland Garros...

Sam Stosur, whom I'd call an underachiever of recent times now realising her potential, against another relative unknown in Francesca Schiavone of Italy.
Now recent history being what it is, I hope there is no way to dive in tennis... is there? :blink :blink :laugh:
Brad

BradJ wrote:
Well here's hoping for a great game of tennis tonight (my time) at Roland Garros...

Sam Stosur, whom I'd call an underachiever of recent times now realising her potential, against another relative unknown in Francesca Schiavone of Italy.
Now recent history being what it is, I hope there is no way to dive in tennis... is there? :blink :blink :laugh:
Brad

Yes Laura ,

Lets hope this Italian girl does not take a dive :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Oooooh By the way Brad I happened to score this top secret footage ot the Italian Soccer team in training for the world cup ...... Hmmmm :unsure: They must think they will face Australia again :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcCw9RHI5mc

Jenny :kiss: ( In the all australian Naughty corner with Brad :woohoo: )

I played kickball in school, don't really get the falling down thingy part of it but it looks like the Italians have got the game plan down pretty well.

So who's tonight are we talking about here??

moon puppy wrote:
U.S. has Soccer? :mpup

I think they started a team with 1 guy. Imported him from England or something.... Think he's married to some posh chick... Not really sure :silly:
James

Johnny, I'm not ignorant about the U.S. Soccer team, more like indifferent. Soccer just has not caught on in the U.S. the way it has in the rest of the world.

Now FOOTBALL! Especially Southern Football, well let's put this out there.

The South takes football very seriously. A little more than in the North, I copy this email for you to better understand

Difference between Northern and Southern Football

Stadium Size:

NORTH: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

SOUTH: High school football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

Campus Decor:

NORTH: Statues of founding fathers.

SOUTH: Statues of Heisman trophy winners.

Homecoming Queen:

NORTH: Also a physics major.

SOUTH: Also Miss America.

Cheerleaders:

NORTH: If you are slightly coordinated, you make the varsity squad.

SOUTH: You begin cheer camp at age two, complete with ballet, dance, & gymnastic training.

Getting Tickets:

NORTH: 5 hours before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus and purchase tickets.

SOUTH: 5 months before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus & put name on the waiting list. Marriages have been arranged for season tickets.

Women's Accessories:

NORTH: ChapStick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket.

SOUTH: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, waterproof mascara, and a fifth of Jack Daniels/Crown. Money is not necessary -- That's what dates are for.

Friday Classes After a Thursday Night Game:

NORTH: Students and teachers not sure they're going to the game, Because they have classes on Friday.

SOUTH: Teachers cancel Friday classes because they don't want to see The few hung-over students that might actually make it to class and throw up on their floor.

Parking:

NORTH: An hour before game time, the University opens the campus for game parking.

SOUTH: RVs sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for The weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on Tuesday.

Game Day:

NORTH: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV and wonder why "Game Day Live" never broadcast from their school.

SOUTH: Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast, and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting "Game Day Live" to get on camera and wave to the folks up north.

Tailgating:

NORTH: Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.

SOUTH: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up the day before. Cooking accompanied by live performance by "Zac Brown Band," who come over during breaks for a hit off bottle of bourbon.

Getting to the Stadium:

NORTH: You ask "Where's the stadium?" When you find it, you walk right in.

SOUTH: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it becomes the state's second largest city.

Concessions:

NORTH: Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the top with soda.

SOUTH: Drinks served in a plastic cup with the home team's mascot on it and stats of previous games, filled less than halfway with soda, to ensure enough room for Jack Daniels/Crown.

When National Anthem is Played:

NORTH: Stands are still less than half full.

SOUTH: 100,000 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect three-part harmony and the local Air National Guard unit does the missing man formation, all pilots are alumni.

Smell in the air after the First Score:

NORTH: Nothing changes.

SOUTH: Fireworks, with a touch of Jack Daniels/Crown.

Commentary (Male):

NORTH: "Nice play."

SOUTH: "Damnit, you slow sumabitch! - tackle him and break his legs."

Commentary (Female):

NORTH: "My, this certainly is a violent sport."

SOUTH: "Damnit, you slow sumabitch! - tackle him and break his legs."

Announcers:

NORTH: Neutral and paid.

SOUTH: Announcer has a life time contract and also heads the recruiting. He harmonizes with the crowd in the fight song and with a tear in his eye he talks of how far this team has come this season.

After the Game:

NORTH: The stadium is emptying out.

SOUTH: Another rack of ribs goes on the smoker while somebody goes to The nearest package store for more bourbon. Zac Brown band fires up again and planning begins for next week's game.

YEEEESSSSSSS !!!! ;) B) Francesca Schiavone has won the Roland Garros today ..... UHUHUUUUUUUUU !!!

BRAVISSIMA FRANCESCA !!!!!!!!! :notworthy (y) :drink :peace :D :dude

Massimo :)

BradJ wrote:

Brad

UHMMMM...to dive ? Brad, what would you say ??? :angry: :unsure: :silly: :lol: :laugh: :D

Anyway there is too bad this time for australia again... B) :whistle:

Massimo

:laugh: :laugh:
Hey Massimo
I have nothing but kudos for Francesca. She is a tenacious player and held her nerve when the big shots were required, whereas Stosur cracked a little. And a little is all it took, as it was quite a close match really :)
So glad there is a fresh victor in a Grand Slam...
Was really great to see the emotion after, and I thought her speech was enjoyable; no hyperbole!
Brad

Back