• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Aussie......

Matt Stephenson

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for an awesome armour modelling website. I currently live in southern New South Wales, and have been modelling armour for about the last 10 years. I include other aussie modellers such as Sam Dwyer amongst those whose skill and ability I admire and attempt to emulate, but not always with sucess......

I have recently learnt that there is an Armour festival help in a town called Corowa, about 40 minutes from where I live. This year they will be celebrating the humble Jeep, but many private owners as well as the Austrlian Army bring along armoured vehicles, weather they be tanks, APC's or amroured cars and half tracks. This is held in late march.

I will be going along for a look and taking along my camera for good measure. I hope to post some photos after the event.

Anyway, thanks again for providing a great webspace for track heads and modellers in general.

Matt Stephenson.

Er...we do build other THINGS here also...Armor is only the Targets for some of us who perfer not to wallow in the mud :mpup
piliot.gif

Welcome aboard Matt, can't wait to see what you have. REALLY can't wait to see the pictures you get. Perhaps we can compile a good slide show for references.

Hiya Matt.

Welcome to T&T :) . It's a really cool place. And as that Moony Puppy guy said, It's alright if you do something other than a tank ;) . In fact it is a bit of a challenge some of us have to get Jenny to build an airplane somehow. And any photos of anything you can share with us is cool. So come on in. Maybe even consider joining one of the group builds, or just post some of your finished work so we can see what you do :)

Gary B)

G'day Matt.
Another Aussie..... good stuff. If there are any Centurians be sure to take some snaps & some photos of your builds as well.

Welcome Matt ( no pun intended :unsure: ) great to have another Aussie along for the ride ( i'm from Victoria but don't hold that against me ) can't wait to see some of your build's

cheer's

Matt :)

:laugh: G'day Matt :laugh: ,

Great to see another Aussie ;) , well we are looking forward to sharing builds with you ! I have heard of the Corowa show , would be nice to feature some walk arounds of some of the stuff there .

Now Moon Pup and these other "gravity defiers" seem to forget that sooner or later they have to come back down ;) , the louder and more spectacularly the better :woohoo: !

Jenny :kiss:

Welcome to TnT Matt. Glad to have you on board. I think everything has already been said. Its a good group of ppl with a lot of knowledge and skill. I am sure you will feel right at home here.

Joe

Welcome to TNT Matt , Corowa is a good event to visit lots of Wheeled vehicles most years and a few tracked vehicles [mostly Lp Carriers and Stuarts ] .
CorowaTrip016.jpg

CorowaTrip011.jpg

CorowaTrip037.jpg

CorowaTrip041.jpg

CorowaTrip064.jpg

CorowaTrip082.jpg

CorowaTrip091.jpg

One of the few events left where they drive the vehicles around the local town .

cheers Plushy

p.s Occasionally the Australian Army bring something special a couple of years ago they got there T34 out for a spin :)
CorowaTrip181.jpg

CorowaTrip183.jpg

Hi Matt,
Welcome to TNT, the best community in the world.

@ Plushie: Great photos. In Munich, it was not driving through the streets.

Olav

jenny croft wrote:
Now Moon Pup and these other "gravity defiers" seem to forget that sooner or later they have to come back down ;) , the louder and more spectacularly the better

Spot on Jenny... Humans aren't meant to fly, we're meant to wallow in the mud.... Flying is just plain wrong.... :lol:

And it's even better when a dirty, muddy, dented tank thingy manages to bring down one of those crazy strange flying thingies... :gogo

...and welcome to T&T, Matt.

John

Welcome to the best site ever. I envy you being able to get up close to all those vehicle.
James

Matt,
Welcome aboard. You will like it here.
You can try your hand at those wingy thingy's too if you want to.
I like to make mine crashed...
Again Welcome aboard.
Shawn

G'Day Matt,
Any dates when this show is on??? Not a bad drive from the Nations Sink Hole(Canberra) to Cowra so would love to check this out!

Welcone aboard!

Adrian

Back