• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Andrea 90m Retreat 1812

pokuna

Andrea 90m "The Retreat " 1812 just started

Hi all
I have been meaning to crack on with this for a while , thought winter is coming might give me inspiration : :soldier .
I am a bit of a bugger having a few things on the go lol this On my way! A bit easier on my eyes lol .......I hope lol
Needs filler around the shoulder arm joints filler put on neck protecter at back do Shako ,thinking might form a scarf around bottom part of mouth ,that's what I would have if I was that bloody cold ....lol

he460169.jpg

h5bcdeac.jpg

h9b99e57.jpg

hbb2646b.jpg

h0062688.jpg

haf3e0c6.jpg

Andrea 90m "The Retreat " 1812 just started

Not the best pics will try and improve quality as things move on :bang head :snoopy
Cheers Chris

Well I have started putting paint to metal , really is a lovely figure , to work on I have a funny old way of painting ,will be doing more washes building up the right sort of cold skin effect

hcf6665a.jpg

Looks a bit patchy tone wise but it will come together ........I hope :bang head

h04bce4d.jpg

All feed back always appreciated

Cheers Chris :drinks :pilot :good:

I will definitely watch this with interest. I have this figure, but couldnt figure how to male him look cold. Faces and skin scare me the most. What paints did you use so far for the face?
James

Cheers guys

I have to put a coat on doing this figure , :yipee , the paints are valagio will do a bit more tomorrow try and bring the face together ,give him bit of a red nose ...not to much though lol.
I did a very faint suggestion of pink with the white of the eye to try and give that red fatigue look he would have ,used the inspiration of have a quick look at my own ....lol . Hope fully will get my camera set up agin and get closer .
Looking forward to work on the headgear badge ,rips and chin strap.
Thanks for the feedback guys
Cheers Chris :drinks :good:

Great start Chris !!! (y) (y)

Id be careful with the light tones of the face because when you start to frame the face, ie paint the surrounding chin strap and add the head to the figure the lightness may stand out to much.

Dont forget the tip of the nose and the cheeks will be flushed with the cold

Snow + sunlight + wind will tan the skin, ( how many times have you seen skiers returning from holidays with those trademark white eyes from wearing sunglasses :laugh: )

Great start as I say, just just be careful

More work on the 1812 Andrea Retreat figure

Hi guys a bit more done ', first coat on helmet strap ,will do oil washes later to give depth , still work to be done on face nose needs a bit more red , trying to get that balance which Andy mentioned about cold effect but also the different tones created by the the weather sort of got to like him so I have decided he is having a tuff time but will get home lol.
Any feed back is always welcome

h624d245.jpg

hcc12a5f.jpg

h615f6d8.jpg

h5874135.jpg

h118032e.jpg

Lovely job mate,... the skins darker hues and flushing dont detract from that fact that hes still bloody cold

Chris, why dont you keep to the same thread and that way we can see the progression through the painting process

Cheers Andy ,what a good idea ....duh having a moment lol ,thanks for the feedback lots more to do with the head helmet , weathering etc .more on the face just little bits

Hi Andy
Is there any way to move it on to original thread
Cheers Chris

I'll merge the threads together. Would like to see how this progressed from start to finish.

:popcorn

More work on the 1812 Andrea , head on body yahoo

Hi all
Well I have put head to body done work on helmet ,need to blend more or the weather on the damage , pretty pleased with the face , seeing havnt really painted much that scale for a long time

I have started blocking in the colour , will obviously tone down sash give highlights and shadows .
I have decided to add to his misery by putting his leg in splint used plumbers tape to act as a strap all heeds to be painted ,wood etc,it had crossed my mind to make out of magic sculpt a sort of blanket around his shoulders which could be blowing to give an even bigger suggestion of biting wind .
I could in effect having him holding it as hiis neck as the casting of the hand would let me get away with it properly
All feed back appreciated

h2ceb950.jpg

h2def72d.jpg

hf737935.jpg

h4dbd8aa.jpg

h8374490.jpg

h14d2437.jpg

h5ae4606.jpg

hbf570cd.jpg

h02a1673.jpg

More work on the 1812 Andrea , head on body yahoo

Hi guys sorry about the pics being all over the bloody place , did them with my phone and forgot to rotate them in edit ,sorry :bang head :pilot
Cheers Chris

Back