• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

' An eye for an eye'

Novorus

Well this idea was born for a purchase of kits some time ago, with in the kits i finally got hold of a Flower Class Corvette 1.72 I had been wanting for a long while.

Anyway with in the conversation I had with the guy, it turned out he had a kit but one draw back. It had no Hull ??
:bang head :tomato

As someone that likes to push myself just a little to far I laughed and said no problem and bought it. Contacted Revell and explained my plans for a Diorama with a sinking Flower class and a U boat and was told that the kit was no longer being made. So I started by trying to scratch build the hull, after many attempts and failure I thought the idea and plan would fail.

So yes this idea has been a long time in the making.. :smack

But Revell contacted when they were getting ready to relaunch the kit and said they would be willing to provide the hull was their anything else i needed. To cut a long story short their come up trumps providing the hull of the U Boat and the Flower class corvette..

Looking through the history of the Flower class I came across story's of them ramming U boats. The stage is now set for my idea.

A build of a sinking Flower Class Corvette with the bow of the U boat going down.

hb5fd84c.jpg

hb9a46ad.jpg

hab9a053.jpg

So the kits that will make this monster are here before starting

he83cb88.jpg

hfb4362a.jpg

So then as I said in the first post, Revell come in and really helped me out with a new hull and some goodies for the U boat. :yipee

h6bf464f.jpg

So as I said before, this it's, has been on the bench for a while and before Revell helped me out I tried my hand at scratch building the Hull and just to prove I tried I thought it should be posted along with this build.

h81afe5e.jpg

hdef05d3.jpg

h11eb16f.jpg

Well Revell come through with the hull parts and the best part their were really happy to no charge me for them.
:frantic (y)

Looking forward to your built entries :ro:

I had the same experience with the customer service from Revell (y)

So to be honest, this project has gone along for some time and one of things that brought me here was the last forum i used continued to change and lose my work. But someone the guys on here will remember my work.

After putting this together wasn't happy with the way things looked and those Air vent need work.... ;)

h570bad1.jpg

So the pin vice out, the drilling begun....... :woohoo:

h3195255.jpg

hc9cf6e3.jpg

Love the work on the Sub :popcorn

PS if your stuff gets lost here BLAME BOB (Moonpuppies) Fat finger hahahaha He usualy is able to retrieve it though

Love the work on the Sub :popcorn

PS if your stuff gets lost here BLAME BOB (Moonpuppies) Fat finger hahahaha He usualy is able to retrieve it though

Thanks for the positive waves, you know we're testing migration this weekend! :blink :blink :frantic

Well bring this one up to date, but still got more pin drill work on the deck :frantic :frantic

:ro: :soldier :soldier

So this is on the bench but some much more stopping me at moment but will update as I can so pull a chair up and :popcorn

A chair I have .... :popcorn I was wondering when this was going to surface ... Excellent work ... James ... (y) :woohoo: :captain

Back