• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS Central SC Show: This Saturday, 16 July, 2011

When pigs and tanks can fly, then I'm sure AMPS will add those categories :woohoo:

Never heard of the A10? :pilot

I think I see what happened, you had two groups at the show but each did their own promotion. May I suggest next time everyone promote each other. I may have brought a couple of things in for the aircraft.

Yea, we could definitely polish up our coordination for next year. This was our first time working together like this, and I think we got all the really hard stuff done pretty well, so next time around we should be able to put a finer point on some of the show elements.

We did credit each other in our individual promotion efforts, but we only had one "joint" promotion effort - an ad in FSM. We'll have to take a harder look at what we can do to direct potential attendees to the relevant information sources (like category / class lists) at each club.

BTW, what's that A-10 thing you mentioned? I seemed to recall that someone once told me there was some kind of flying hog - a warthog, maybe? I guess pigs can fly after all! :eek:hmy:

Anyways, hopefully next year we'll get the word out better about how the show is organized and run. This is a "new" kind of show / contest for our area. There have been joint SCMA-IPMS shows in the neighborhood, and up in the northeast, combined IPMS-AMPS shows are pretty common. But this was a fist ever AMPS-SCMA (or, if you prefer, SCMA-AMPS) show, so everything was a bit different for everybody involved.

Thanks for the observations and suggestions - always room for improvement! :drinks

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC

www.ampscentralsouthcarolina.org

It was a good show Mike, thanks for reminding us about it and I'd like to think posting it here and other forums helped that turn out. I still can't figure out why ALL the BBQ joints were closed.

Now don't be shy about posting some of your work around here. Maybe give us a mention at your meeting next time. :mpup

The results are in!

You can view a full listing of the awards and medals for the AMPS portion of the show on our website:

AMPS Central SC 2011 Show Results

Hopefully, we'll have some photos of the show up on the site soon. In the mean time, enjoy the great pics above that Iron Mike has already posted here. (Those are some phenominal photos, BTW!)

We're planning on repeating the event next year, so mark us down on your calendar!

'Til then, happy modeling,

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPC Central SC

We now have a slide show of photos of our contest up on our website:

http://www.ampscentralsouthcarolina.org/MemberPhotos.php

Enjoy,

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC