• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alpine Miniatures - LAH in Kharkov

cybergrenadier

Happy new year to ya all :)

For 2013 I've taken the new-year's resolution to no more give-up my modelling projects and bring them to completion whatever happens during the painting process. Rather challenging hey? Anyway we'll see...

I've started the year with that nice classic from Alpine; the head is swapped for another Alpine one to get the opportunity to bring some colors with the soft-peak cap. The head and scarf are close to completion now and I hope to switch soon on the black panzer wrap. Hopefully I can keep you posted next week :)

Cheers
cg

AlpineTanker_candidateWIP6-crop.JPG

AlpineTanker_candidateWIP4-crop.JPG

Fantastic work. I really wish I could figure out the secret to painting straight lines. The scarf is awesome (y) (y) (y)
James

Thx to ya all for your your encouraging messages :) The scarf is almost there now; yet a few refinements and I'll be done.

@ James : drawing straight and parallel lines isn't this difficult so far; all you need is a very sharp brush and a lot of patience :laugh:

scarf-crop.JPG

@ James : drawing straight and parallel lines isn't this difficult so far; all you need is a very sharp brush and a lot of patience :laugh:

scarf-crop.JPG

Yeah, and a souffle is just eggs. :laugh: I am not sure I could get the scarf's pattern tight with a decal! (y)

Patience.....oops
eyesight.....oops
sharp paint brush ....check :)

Well at least I can watch your painting. Really looking awesome so far (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I"m in awe over how the lines intersect on the scarf, the way the colors blend, just like real textiles. :notworthy

Well, this is great work, the scarf is just amasing also the color, this will be great figure. Keep up the good work!
Johanna

Hi all ; this is my annual update :blush:

Well after a very long pause of almost a year, I've decided to restart working on that one, with firm intention to finish it soon (pffff, who will believe that ??)

That's a shame but I've finally decided to remove the Burberry scarf and repaint it in a mere buff which will I think integrate much better the overall color scheme ; it's likely I'll repaint the bino in black to balance the contrast with the scarf new color.

I've tried to take shots illustrating my painting technique ; the left side is finished while the right is still in construction.

Hope to update you soon with further progress

Cheers

c-g

LAH1.jpg

LAH2.jpg

LAH3.jpg

Yep,I do agree on the scarf.Got to love these Alpine figures!
Good to have you back,C-G! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back