• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Today i fitted the flair gun and its ammo box

and it will never bee seen again....

~It has been very tempting to take the detail to the next level on this build but as none of it will ever be seen it would really only be an exercise in self satisfaction.

Nice work Paddy ... Looking good ... (y)

On my bench is my 30's gas station model ...

h2df69ae.jpg

I added variable L.E.D.s lighting inside and under the canopy ... Also repaired work bench and his the wires ...

hd5a1d60.jpg

h51abf1e.jpg

Thanks James, ... Right after I took these photos I dropped it twice .... Repairs now complete we're ready for the Plano Train Show. This weekend a very interesting layout of 30 modules, I hope things go better than last time, our new modules, gave us the fits, back in Oct. I'll try to get more photos, this time.

Nice gas station Gerry and I'm glad you got it all back together. Good luck in the train show.

Here's a very small update just to show I'm still building.

After hours and hours of additional sanding, I finally managed to get an acceptably smooth metallic coat on this C-118. I even shot a clear gloss coat over it to protect it now. I can finally move on with this and add the white on top:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_XXI.jpg

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_XXII.jpg

I also move in with the Vigilante for my Hippy Ed Tribute. She got legs and a bit of a belly on her now:

WIP_HippyEd_Vigilante_XVI.jpg

Later on I managed to finish both this one and the F-8 Crusader. You can catch them in the Aircraft Forums.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Mark, We got setup yesterday, only one member was a no show so far. We were rearranging the layout at 7:00 last night, so by time I got home from Plano it was late. Nice job on the C-118 & the Vigilante. Ed who is soarly missed, would be very proud of this, one day I may try to build one.

Great thread this with some great work going on. Love the variety from OTB like me to complete scratch built.
Today i started on my Corsair P&W 2800. The kit is pretty good but lacks ignition leads. I had to decide how to connect the leads to the distribution tube that runs round the reduction gear housing. the kit has small nodules on this ring approx 0.03" dia but i couldn't see how to attach my wire to these. I decided to cut them off and drill a 0.03" hole in place of each one ( i will use 0.03" copper wire). I did this with a hand chuck and a magnifying glass.

What have a i started !!!
Not sure if i need a magnifying glass or a physciatrist :laugh:

I don't know what you're worried about; wiring a full-sized engine ain't an issue.... :idonno

Great job on that little thing; it does look very real. :good:

Back