• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Stowage update...

DSC05788.JPG

DSC05784.JPG

B)

Here's a small update because I finished up four of the last five vehicles that I wanted to finish yesterday. These are simply the last steps I took to complete the SMERCH. This model fought me the whole time I was building it, but I finally beat this into submission.

First off, I masked the whole thing with Silly Putty to add the second color to this:

WIP_SMERCH_XXXII.jpg

SPECIAL NOTE: If you build this model and use Silly Putty to mask it; be sure to LEAVE OFF the rubber tires!! Silly Putty fuses to them! Ask me how I know.... :facepalm

You can see where I started the second color already. here's the shot after I finished that black striping:

WIP_SMERCH_XXXIII.jpg

Next I moved some Silly Putty or added some Silly Putty to cover the black and then shot the final color:

WIP_SMERCH_XXXIV.jpg

You can see where some pieces came off. As I said; this model fought me tooth and nail...

Here it is after all the Silly Putty came off:

WIP_SMERCH_XXXV.jpg

Then I added some extra parts that I had apparently forgotten to put on this model, as well as replaced another wheel hub that had broken off and disappeared:

WIP_SMERCH_XXXVI.jpg

Finally, I clearcoated this and decaled it, after painting all the 'new' pieces and letting everything dry:

WIP_SMERCH_XXXVII.jpg

WIP_SMERCH_XXXVIII.jpg

When that had dried, I dullcoated this and weathered it. I tried to go light on the weathering, just for my personal preference. You can now see this model and the rest of my finished ones n the Armor Forums.

Thanks all for looking in and having patience with me.

Nice work Mark ... Outstanding Camo congrats on reaching 700 ... :drinks :salute

Terry great Sherman & stowage always makes the piece ...

Now Me ... A picture is worth a thousand words ... Frt livestock & supply car Chicken on left goes in cage setting on the flatcar ...

Back in the back I'm rebuilding the Cajun Cafe ... I've misplaced the rear wheels ... But with the roof off it's easier to add interior details ... Still workin on getting the cookers fire lit ...

he5b6abf.jpg

h7e793de.jpg

Gerry, that bird is looking good. Get it caged before it takes off... Nice work getting more details inside the Cajun Catfish Cooker. One thing you need: a tank or cooler inside the shed to hold the catfish before it's cooked. Otherwise this guy ain't got a thing to cook...

Can't wait to see more. And thanks for the compliment as well. Most appreciated.

Gerry, that bird is looking good. Get it caged before it takes off... Nice work getting more details inside the Cajun Catfish Cooker. One thing you need: a tank or cooler inside the shed to hold the catfish before it's cooked. Otherwise this guy ain't got a thing to cook...

Can't wait to see more. And thanks for the compliment as well. Most appreciated.

I'm going to put in some ice box or ice thingie ... (Don't forget the coke box on the porch) top it off with skylites in the roof ... :side:

Ok the chickens in the box the front part of car is loaded ..... The dung heap has been added ... & painted grey ... The Cow needs a little touchup from seam removal ...

hfe16695.JPG

h27a7da5.JPG

h85a0d56.JPG

That's all until tonight's work session ... adding straw and details to car frame ... :woohoo:

Moving along I'm almost finished with the livestock & supply car ...

h5dfe72b.jpg

h7f7ef97.jpg

I've put the straw around cow's feet & installed the gate .... I still think this chicken is good ...

h724447e.jpg

No weathering yet

Dont like the PE seat harness in this kit. even Special hobby have moved over to cloth on their tempest !! /also think i will have a go at remaking the map case (not shown above) as its pretty uninspiring :)

Back