• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Thanks Paul, that's even better since I wouldn't have to articulate all those connecting rods, just motorize the drive wheels. Plus the boxy loco has plenty of room for the Arduino and motors.

This could be a neat project, length of straight track, tunnel opening, Leo rolls out, barrel elevates and recoils, depresses, shuttles back in. With the Arduino, I could set it up to do that every hour like a cuckoo clock, even fire the number of times of the hour. :D

The M4A3E8 has tracks now. I painted them with Tamiya Dark Iron and dry brushed with a little silver. Also added a pin wash to the running gear.

DSC05657.JPG

DSC05658.JPG

DSC05659.JPG

DSC05660.JPG

DSC05661.JPG

DSC05662.JPG

:)

Thanks Paul, that's even better since I wouldn't have to articulate all those connecting rods, just motorize the drive wheels. Plus the boxy loco has plenty of room for the Arduino and motors.

This could be a neat project, length of straight track, tunnel opening, Leo rolls out, barrel elevates and recoils, depresses, shuttles back in. With the Arduino, I could set it up to do that every hour like a cuckoo clock, even fire the number of times of the hour. :D

The only real problem would be the Dio would have to be about 9Ft long or a tad over 2 meters. In Bob's museum that would be a decent fit.

Well it would have to be in my shop, the wife wouldn't go for it in the dining room. :D

So, since my shop is a finished attic with knee walls for crawl space storage, I could have the tunnel part behind the wall and the Leo would only need the 4 foot or so section of track (the engine doesn't need to come all of the way out).

Roll out, elevate, LED flash (with or without sound), recoil, depress, repeat for the hour, roll back into the wall. I have piles of high capacity NiCads lying around, it would probably run for months before recharge since I can battle a 1/16 tank for hours on one. (y)

Could also just do it in 1/72 since Hobby Boss makes the same kit in that size. Hiding the recoil servo may be tough in that size though

Well it would have to be in my shop, the wife wouldn't go for it in the dining room. :D

So, since my shop is a finished attic with knee walls for crawl space storage, I could have the tunnel part behind the wall and the Leo would only need the 4 foot or so section of track (the engine doesn't need to come all of the way out).

Roll out, elevate, LED flash (with or without sound), recoil, depress, repeat for the hour, roll back into the wall. I have piles of high capacity NiCads lying around, it would probably run for months before recharge since I can battle a 1/16 tank for hours on one. (y)

Could also just do it in 1/72 since Hobby Boss makes the same kit in that size. Hiding the recoil servo may be tough in that size though

DEFINITELY want 2 see video of that when it's done!!! :popcorn

Excuse the armor intrusion. :laugh: I have added a dark brown pigment wash to the tracks of my Sherman.

DSC05664.JPG

DSC05665.JPG

:)

Bring on the Heavy Metal Terry! Tracks look magnificent.

Not quite the workbench but these are what I made progress on:

Christmass_Pies_2016_.jpg

Made those for my church's Christmas Boutique and bake sale. Maybe later today I can hit the other workbench.

Stay tuned for more.

Bring on the Heavy Metal Terry! Tracks look magnificent.

Not quite the workbench but these are what I made progress on:

Christmass_Pies_2016_.jpg

Made those for my church's Christmas Boutique and bake sale. Maybe later today I can hit the other workbench.

Stay tuned for more.

Nice Lattice work Mark ... Did you get my addy ??? ... The top left one is alright for Me ... (y)

Back