• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

:blink

That looks bloody brilliant Terry. Now I don't want to even attempt the couple pieces of armor I've got as I know they'd wind up looking like a fresh steamer in comparison. :rotf

But hey, that's years of experimentation and experience for ya. :good:

Oh it's just a few really simple techniques and some practice with the airbrush. I'm sure you could master them in short order.

Thanks for comments.

:)

Oh it's just a few really simple techniques and some practice with the airbrush. I'm sure you could master them in short order.

Thanks for comments.

Do u have any videos on those "simple techniques" that we could use 2 learn them?

Umm no I don't. :blush: I have done several how-to threads, but a video would probably be better.

Terry :)

Thanks for comments.

Do u have any videos on those "simple techniques" that we could use 2 learn them?

Umm no I don't. :blush: I have done several how-to threads, but a video would probably be better.

Terry :)

This is one of my fav SBS

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/terry-barrow/147639-m4a3e2-jumbo-a-painting-sbs

:soldier :coolio

Ba-20 awaiting decals.
G-6 awaiting windows painted periscope green.
Pfalz D.XII started.
Although nothing happened yesterday as the crash hit home pretty hard.
James

Here is something I did that might be a little better.

step_1.JPG

step_2.JPG

step_3.JPG

step_4.JPG

step_4a.JPG

step_4b.JPG

step_4c.JPG

step_5.JPG

step_6.JPG

step_6a.JPG

step_7.JPG

step_7a.JPG

step_8.JPG

step_9.JPG

Thanks for the interest.

Looking great guys. Nice SBS too. I'm struggling along; I hope to finish up these last three German vehicles before Thursday when I meet with my orthopedic surgeon. Turns out there's metal fragments still inside my thumb that need to be removed. More wasted time to come....

Stay tuned; I might have something to show soon.

Some nice stuff going on out there guys. Yikes.

I'll throw my hat in the ring with an Albatross I've had around my neck for ten years.

I couldn't wait for this kit to come out when it did, got it. Then I decided to wait for the Voyager kits, got them. Then Voyager was working a deluxe kit, waited and got that.

Way too many shiny things came across my path during all that waiting and it got boxed and put away.

Then a combination of Paul's visit to Bob and all the photos plus seeing the box as I was grabbing the Xmas decorations out of the crawl space I got the bug to build this.

I'm not getting bogged down with any PE past what greatly improves the kit pieces and won't take forever to assemble.

hf9faa98.jpg

Looks good ... I'd like to try one on these plastic locomotive kits one day ... can this be motorized ? ... I have a Friend who builds 1/32 scale outdoor railroads ... maybe I'll pick His brain a bit ... :hmmm :popcorn (y)

Stay tuned; I might have something to show soon.

No medical pictures... :blink :blink :blink

:rotf

Not planning to. Nothing medical has happened... yet. That will be determined Thursday.

I have some models that were worked on and I can hopefully get these pics posted soon.

Jeff, I will be following along with that model; I can't wait to see you get it built. I did the 1/72 scale one some years back and it was an interesting build for sure. Looking forward to seeing more.

Building this game for the shops Gaming area ...

hfbf0d13_2016-11-30.JPG

The Orks .... Against the ...

h514144c_2016-11-30.JPG

Space marines ... good thing they can move faster as

h82e1d41_2016-11-30.JPG

There is a bit of difference in size .... :salute now going to work on train layout table for the shop ...

Looks good ... I'd like to try one on these plastic locomotive kits one day ... can this be motorized ? ... I have a Friend who builds 1/32 scale outdoor railroads ... maybe I'll pick His brain a bit ... :hmmm :popcorn (y)

There's plenty of room for worm gears and stuff, I briefly thought about it. I have a ton of different motors, could even set it up with the Arduino to do neat things, like shuffle a Leopold back and forth on a straight siding outside a tunnel, but I'd try to get it to work with most of the plastic parts and keep the speed to a crawl.

I'm sure it could be tweaked for 1/32 if your friend has track that size, wheels and all the hardware would be the only thing in the way., especially if you needed to grab power from the rails, etc.

If I had a Lionel chassis of the right size, I'd probably try to scratch build a 52 boiler and cab to fit.

Thanks I'll be watching your build I'm stuck on 1/48 scale right now with On30 running on HO gauge track O scale Atlas 2 rail may work as a narrow gauge 1/35 ... carry on who makes that Loco? ... :train

Thanks I'll be watching your build I'm stuck on 1/48 scale right now with On30 running on HO gauge track O scale Atlas 2 rail may work as a narrow gauge 1/35 ... carry on who makes that Loco? ... :train

That Br-52 is made by Trumpeter/Hobby Boss. They also make it in 1/72 scale.

Good luck with that, I'd like to see you motorize one of those!

That Br-52 is made by Trumpeter/Hobby Boss. They also make it in 1/72 scale.

Good luck with that, I'd like to see you motorize one of those!

I'll check on it must run ... Choir practice ... this is what I did on train table

ha2c766e.JPG

hfc7977b.JPG

hb0defff.JPG

h0412645.JPG

It fought me all day but I got close to winning .... This is 1/4 of the thing should be a hour glass shape when done ... :woohoo: I think I know what I'm doing only time will tell ... :salute

Okay, now that my hand is feeling a little better, and before I temporarily lose the use of it again after my surgery; I wanted to show some of the progress I've made.

I'll start with the RA-5C Vigilante I'm doing for Hippy Ed. I attempted a new way of doing the exhaust nozzles. I'm not too thrilled with the way they turned out:

WIP_HippyEd_Vigilante_IX.jpg

Next I added the canopy parts so I could mask them off for painting:

WIP_HippyEd_Vigilante_X.jpg

Finally I decided to permanently attach the wings:

WIP_HippyEd_Vigilante_XI.jpg

That's as far as I got with that one, except for a little sanding and fiddling with it. Later on, I masked the clear parts. When it was dry, I shot white where it's supposed to go. No pics of that as you can't really see in the pics where the white ends and the bare plastic begins.

Moving along, I also filled and sanded smooth the Leopold gun barrel and then added the rest of the gun carriage parts. It's not much, but it's a little bit of something. I set it next to an Exacto knife so you can see how big this gun is:

WIP_CTA_III_Leopold_Railgun_IV.jpg

While that was set aside to dry, I spent several days trying to get these three German vehicles finished. Starting with the Fuchs, all I needed to do was add the two sections of outer wheel (which I'd glued together earlier). Turns out I glued the middle pieces on backwards due to the poor illustration on the instruction sheet, so I had to cut out part of the center sections like so:

WIP_Fuchs_XI.jpg

It worked. I was able to put all the Fuch's wheels on and they all still turn. I then added all the final detail parts to this so I could finally weather it and call it done:

WIP_Fuchs_XII.jpg

Meanwhile, I did the same to the Boxer APC. I got the remaining wheels on and also added some additional detail parts to this:

WIP_APC_GB_XXV.jpg

WIP_APC_GB_XXVI.jpg

Finally, I added the last detail bits on this so I could finish the touch-up painting and get this finished:

WIP_APC_GB_XXVII.jpg

Since I was also working on the Boxer command vehicle, I finished off the wheels on this vehicle, as well as added all the remaining detail pieces so I could get this finished at the same time as the Boxer APC:

WIP_Boxer_Command_XVIII.jpg

After awhile, I was able to call all three of these vehicles done. You can see them in the Armored Forums. Feel free to check them out.

To "celebrate" my finished models, I decided to put together all the mules for the Borax Mule Team. Yes, there are twenty in this kit, feel free to count them:

WIP_Borax_Wagon_Train_VI.jpg

The 'skinner' or driver is in the pic sitting on one of the mules and the 'swamper' or assistant is laying down in the left front of the pic. He is supposed to go on the rear wagon.

Okay, that is all I have right now for this week. I know it is a small update, but I'm only effectively using one and a half hands. I might be able to get more done depending on how long it will be before the surgery. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, I have a couple pies to bake....

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

There's plenty of room for worm gears and stuff, I briefly thought about it. I have a ton of different motors, could even set it up with the Arduino to do neat things, like shuffle a Leopold back and forth on a straight siding outside a tunnel, but I'd try to get it to work with most of the plastic parts and keep the speed to a crawl.

I'm sure it could be tweaked for 1/32 if your friend has track that size, wheels and all the hardware would be the only thing in the way., especially if you needed to grab power from the rails, etc.

If I had a Lionel chassis of the right size, I'd probably try to scratch build a 52 boiler and cab to fit.

Actually, for shuttling the Leopold around they used a little boxy engine the WR360 W12 Locomotive. I have a short video showing the locomotive moving a K5 around. While rough and a bit grainy it is quite easily identified. Trumpeter makes that locomotive as well.

Back