• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Today is a busy day of applying for jobs.

I know the feeling, as I'm in the same boat. I got shafted at work by a bunch of very non-cooperative persons working on a project. Management refused to listen to concerns, and the project got canned when it ran behind schedule.
This kind of ate into my enthusiasm for anything, and I've had to spend a lot of energy on job-hunting. My '109 is still as it was a few weeks ago.

Today is a busy day of applying for jobs. As well as doing some research on Military plane wrecks in the area. Kind of hit a gold mine with that lastnight actually. I've been doing quite a bit of research for the past few years on a lake in southern Oregon. Everybody kept telling me nothing was left out there but yesterday I found these two pages. http://aircraftwrecks.com/pages/fm-1%20fm-2.htm http://aircraftwrecks.com/pages/sbw-4e.htm I was able to get the contact information for several people and now it's time to make some new contacts :geek You will notice that the Helldiver still has an intact gun in the wing. Doubt that is there now though.

Looks like two guns

airplane%20009a.jpg

Today is a busy day of applying for jobs. As well as doing some research on Military plane wrecks in the area. Kind of hit a gold mine with that lastnight actually. I've been doing quite a bit of research for the past few years on a lake in southern Oregon. Everybody kept telling me nothing was left out there but yesterday I found these two pages. http://aircraftwrecks.com/pages/fm-1%20fm-2.htm http://aircraftwrecks.com/pages/sbw-4e.htm I was able to get the contact information for several people and now it's time to make some new contacts :geek You will notice that the Helldiver still has an intact gun in the wing. Doubt that is there now though.

Looks like two guns

airplane%20009a.jpg

Did the Helldiver have two guns in each wing? I see what you mean though.

The SB2C-1 carried 2 x .50's in each wing. Starting with the SB2C-1C they carried 1 x 20mm in each wing.

Cheers,
Rich

Realizing that Windows support of XP ends next month!

I have to build another to upgrade as I'm running a P4 478 pin Prescott on an MSI board with 2 gig Corsair 3200 ram, and that tops this machine off! - I built this years ago for Doom 3 and Battlefield 2- It still runs great, but it won't take Windows 7 or anything else. For that you need a 775 pin or better MB. Obviously I don't know it all, but when I built mine I began by matching the Front Side Buss. Now looking at the newer stuff I don't think that will work. Is there another standard?

New machine will be a media based machine, not all that concerned about games now but I have a nice full atx Lian Lee gamers case to pack it all in! We'll see...

Just put a deposit down for our wedding venue. :good: The ring has been bought :v venue secured :drinks I have my "outfit" and Carol is obsessing about her dress :coolio we have found a caterer (who makes wonderful stuff)... we have our honeymoon all picked out and booked :yipee we are working on the shuttle arrangements from parking lot to venue (no cars allowed) ... trying to get the wording right on the invitations...

There will be NO bad weather....

Now all we have to do is put it all together... :popcorn

Just another typical day at Casa Millisor

0 percent modeling all weekend.
Congrats Barny All the best :D
James

Congrats, Barney! No modeling thios weekend- I'm publishing my first book. It will be full of chukart, including some model stuff, but more on my career. Here's a detail of the sketch fro the cover. I'm in the painting phase now. Also: the Roadster is all clean and shiny!

1896889_10152187910692906_1047112879_n.jpg

Chip, go to Tom's Hardware for the latest and greatest info but, if you're happy with what you have just stay put.

Congratulations Barney :drinks

James, :zen

Chuck, put me down for a copy and you best sign it :smack :mpup

Guess I'm lucky number 3! Way to go, Chuck! (y) :drinks

I dare say, everyone will want a signed copy.... I know I do!

You will need to run a second batch

I got a lot of modeling done this past week, especially at Hobby Day this weekend. You can see it all in my thread.

Barney, my condol....er, congratulations man! May you both have a long and happy life together. :eek:hyeah :good:

Chuck, You can sign my copy in front of me; maybe when I see you at Comicon this year, unless you have it done and ready by June at the San Diego Model Contest. :good:

Well I am getting ready for a job interview today. I applied at Lowe's on a whim. But honestly now that I hear about the job I doubt I will take it. Seasonal work, and I go back to work June 1st anyways. Also pays quite a bit less then I am used to. But we shall see I guess...

Congratulations Barney :dance I hope there will be no bridezilla! :D

I'm sure everything will go as planned and the sun will shine from a cloudless skie, and the birds will be singing.....but there must be something that makes you remember it really good, someone dancing on the table and doing the crazy dance :geek :rotf

Wish you and your wife to be a long and happy life together!

Ps
Chuck i'm also in line for a signed copy :)
Ds

//Mats

.....but there must be something that makes you remember it really good, someone dancing on the table and doing the crazy dance :geek :rotf

//Mats
I was planning to do it then realized the invitation did not include first class airfare - DAMN :geek

Well I am getting ready for a job interview today. I applied at Lowe's on a whim. But honestly now that I hear about the job I doubt I will take it. Seasonal work, and I go back to work June 1st anyways. Also pays quite a bit less then I am used to. But we shall see I guess...

Just got back from the interview. It went well but in the end I didn't accept the job. No benefits of any kind and they weren't able to guarantee 40 hours per week or a consistent schedule. Without full time work I would be making less then I do on unemployment. So the search goes on.

You know thats really the hell about finding work - seems it's easier to stay home than to take some of whats offered now. I started my new job in Sept '12, and it's kept me so busy that the only thing model wise i have had time for was to buy stuff. Such is the service industry- Hang in there, your time is coming...

On another note all this talk about Comic Con needs to STOP! I can't go!!!! :bang head

You know thats really the hell about finding work - seems it's easier to stay home than to take some of whats offered now. I started my new job in Sept '12, and it's kept me so busy that the only thing model wise i have had time for was to buy stuff. Such is the service industry- Hang in there, your time is coming...

On another note all this talk about Comic Con needs to STOP! I can't go!!!! :bang head

Luckily I do have a return to work date for my Archaeology gig. But it is always nice to have something in the dead time. But nobody wants to hire you once they figure out that you will be leaving again in a month or so. Oh well more modeling time for me hehe :geek

Back