• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Took the deck off the mower to switch out the blades after mowing today...

My baseball game will probably be rained out a third time tomorrow...so I'm taking some me time to model and play Bioshock Infinite ;)

I'm rereading a great book about The Battle of Greasy Grass Creek, June 25 and 26 1896. Most know it as The Battle of The Little Big Horn. The book I have was qritten by a fellow who intervied many of tthe survivors of Custer's Last Stand.

Johnny Cash did a fantastic song about it. A couple of lines that I like are:

"Well Custer split his men. He won't do THAT again."

"It's not called an Indian victory but a bloody massacre. There might have been more enthusin' if us Indians had been losin' but the General he don't ride well any more."

Cheers from Peter

Elizabeth Moon. She's a Sci-Fi/Fantasy author. THe book that just came out is called Limits of Power, its the 4th book in a series called Paladins Legacy. Its a continuation of a trilogy she wrote about 20 years ago called The Deeds of Paksenarrion.

She has several other very good books.

And then the newest book from my favorite author was released this week and I picked it up last night, so I can see spending a fair amount of time sitting on the couch reading as well.

Looking for some good books while i recuperate. Who is this author you speak of?

Thanks Adam, I'll check it out.

If anyone is into the Civil War, Jeff Shaara just released his second book in his second trilogy of the war...this one centered on the siege of Vicksburg. Was excellent...I am waiting on a couple books from the library...and it looks like the rain will hold off enough to play my game today ;)

I am on a 34 hour restart. :yipee Down here in hot and humid Texas. I got a motel for the weekend. I just reserved a ticket for a 10:30 AM showing of Man Of Steel. I hope to get some work done on my SU 100.

I'm rereading a great book about The Battle of Greasy Grass Creek, June 25 and 26 1896. Most know it as The Battle of The Little Big Horn. The book I have was qritten by a fellow who intervied many of tthe survivors of Custer's Last Stand.

"It's not called an Indian victory but a bloody massacre. There might have been more enthusin' if us Indians had been losin' but the General he don't ride well any more."

Cheers from Peter

What is the book called? Will have to check it out. Always been interested in the Indian War era. THat whole story of Custer is an interesting one. Always odd that he has this huge myth surrounding him but when you really dig into his story he had some massive flaws. Another great book about the Indian Wars in general is "40 miles a day on beans and hay". It deals more with the common enlisted soldier and their experiences during that time.

If anyone is into the Civil War, Jeff Shaara just released his second book in his second trilogy of the war...this one centered on the siege of Vicksburg. Was excellent...I am waiting on a couple books from the library...and it looks like the rain will hold off enough to play my game today ;)

Did you say a new series on the Civil War :geek I'll wil have to check it out.

Did you say a new series on the Civil War :geek I'll wil have to check it out.

Yes-- his first trilogy dealt with the more popular battles of the East...but this new one focuses west...the first one "A Blaze of Glory" focuses on Shiloh, and the new one aboutVicksburg is called "A Chain of Thunder"...

Chad-- I liked this Zod much better than the one from the Christopher Reeve series...

On another 34 hour restart. :yipee This time in GA. Watched some Girls und Panzer earlier. Then primed the SU 100. Now to eat part of a Cadbury bar,and watch some more Girls und Panzer. Then see what I can watch online at Amazon. Maybe The Last Samurai,with Tom Cruise.

Cheers from Peter

What is the book called? Will have to check it out. Always been interested in the Indian War era. THat whole story of Custer is an interesting one. Always odd that he has this huge myth surrounding him but when you really dig into his story he had some massive flaws. Another great book about the Indian Wars in general is "40 miles a day on beans and hay". It deals more with the common enlisted soldier and their experiences during that time.

The book is called, CUSTER'S FALL and was written by David Humphreys Miller. Published in 1957 with a Bantam Pocket Book Edition printed in 1963.

Custer and all those with him were wiped out but this author intervied m any of the survivors of Custer's last battle.

Johnny Cash did a fantastic song titled CUSTER. You can listen to it on YouTube at: remove spaces to get link.

Cheers from Peter

On another 34 hour restart. :yipee This time in GA. Watched some Girls und Panzer earlier. Then primed the SU 100. Now to eat part of a Cadbury bar,and watch some more Girls und Panzer. Then see what I can watch online at Amazon. Maybe The Last Samurai,with Tom Cruise.
You should try and catch a showing of "World War Z"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

I'll skip that one. I love zombie movies but why is it pg-13? :bang head I want my zombie films to be bloody :rotf

Going to my oldest son's wedding today , funny thing is i always thought his younger brother would be the first to get married ! :idonno

No movie theaters close by where I am. :popcorn

I watched Twilight's Last Gleaming online. Burt Lancaster film from 1977. That movie will get you thinking.

Just got back from the wedding !

Here is a pic of the Happy Couple !!!

001~21.JPG

Here's to many years of happiness for them !!! :drinks

Back