• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alan - Panzer II Ausf. c

i bit the bullet to start painting although i wasn't in the mood for it ... not very happy with the outcome so far but it's ok for this kit ...

i decided to go for polish campaign - 1st panzer division ...

Diva Destruction - The Broken Ones

painting1.jpg
]

painting2.jpg

:soldier

The kit fought you all the way and you subdued it, what is not to be happy about it?

Regards,

Very nice Laura. I really like the early war scheme and you dont see it very often. Nice work, especially with a bear of a kit (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

thanks y'all!

bob - the weapon of choice was the iwata hp-sbp - my new side feeder!

i'm unhappy since both tamiya paints used, although diluted about 60:40 - grey and brown - were quite uncooperative and the brown even clogged the ab!

that's why the paintjob is not that good as it could be!

believe me, that ab is so fine and the atomisation so perfect that when i made my tests with REAL ab color i was able to paint hair thin lines over a longer period. with that ab calligraphy is no problem (but proper camo painting with tamiya colors, so it seems!)

LAURA,

Despite th hick-ups that you had with th Paint ... I think it came out lookin' Great !! It will really PoP once you get into it with the weathering !! Great Job on th Camo !!

Question: the White hatch on the back - Is that for Air Recognition ?

Great Job. I'm lookin forward to th weathering !!!

:drinks

Maybe some retarder for the paint? That's a constant problem I have with the Tamiya paints, I got to keep back blowing my airbrushes to get the stuff out, especially something that requires a lot of trigger action.

Hi Laura,

I'm with the others - it looks fine to me.

Have you tried using the Tamiya Lacquer thinner - the yellow cap bottle? This is THE wonder tool for a nice, smooth finish using Tamiya paints.

Doesn't look too bad Laura. You might try changing brown paint mixture more paint and less thinner. Even with that I think it looks pretty good.

Terry B)

Question: the White hatch on the back - Is that for Air Recognition ?

12893-620x-THATS_A_BINGO.jpg

very early war air recognition! aye!

Have you tried using the Tamiya Lacquer thinner - the yellow cap bottle? This is THE wonder tool for a nice, smooth finish using Tamiya paints.

unfortunately unavailable over here! haven't seen it, no matter what hobby shop!

local modellers are wondering already when the lovely mr gunze deluxe extra thin cement will be forbidden! tamiya extra thin isn't available here too so we wouldn't wonder if something like that would come!

ah what?! it is a good base for the weathering, chipping, filtering and so on.

and - erm - perhaps you should change the music for painting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucpZAHTNHBQ&feature=fvsr :D

ooooooh martin ... you surely didn't know how much i hate that song! whenever i hear those tunes i turn into an aggressive mood and want a pumpgun in my hands! "don't worry, be happy" ... *shivers* :pinch: - but thanks anyway! :)

whatever ... to make myself clear: i'm unhappy about the outcome since i know that i can do much, much better and i was ranting about the tamiya colors that i suspect of having gotten bad due to too long storage!

Shock Therapy - Hate Is Just A 4 Letter Word

i wanted to try something else than the standard for filtering and so instead of applying diluted oil paints i airbrushed some transparent colors over the tank in random pattern! i used the colors below in the order left to right:

filtercolors.jpg

that's what those colors did:

filters5.jpg

filters3.jpg

let's see what a washing will do!

:soldier

Wow! Found this just now and loved your work, Laura! (y) Did you get to do the "wash"? What became of that beautiful Panzer II?!? :idonno

Here's to you for this very cool build :drinks !!!

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Back