• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AK Interactive Worn Effects

Gatto

Hi

Has anybody used AK's worn effects and if so can you keep coming back and chip & wear a bit more each time.

Thanks

I think the answer is going to be yes till you put some sort of seal coat over it. I haven't done it yet but understand the technique. Kinda like the white wash stuff.

I have some and have used it, I feel it applies easier than hairspray and looks better under the paint. Hairspray seems thicker and goes on bumpier at times. To your question, each time you dampen or humidify the top layer of paint, the worn effects soften and release the top layer of paint. So you could dampen, remove paint, dampen, remove paint again and again until you get the desired effect.

IMG_5991.JPG

IMG_5994.JPG

IMG_6001.JPG

IMG_6003.JPG

IMG_6008.JPG

IMG_6012.JPG

I used warm tap water and a stiff brush, you can also tooth picks and other implements of destruction to wear your paint. (y)

Back