• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/48 Defiant

I did buy the thinner but this coat was sprayed right out of the bottle and came out silky smooth.

Well...let.me start by saying that there are times in my excitement to get paint on plastic, I neglect to put primer on first. This usually doesn't come back to bite me, but with this paint it did. Or at least with the Dark Brown....it even scratched off when I used a tweezer to pull a small piece of tape off. Needless to say, before I spray and fix this mess, I'll put a protective clear coat on...
IMG_20180516_204440462-800x450.jpg

IMG_20180516_204453181-800x450.jpg

I suspect primer would have prevented that. Don't think there's anything I would paint now without a primer.

Thanks Warren!

Weird thing is the underside Sky was completely masked over but nary a scratch when I uncovered it...guess it's more resiliant.

Possibly Christian...plus it's also gotten more humid these last few days so that doesn't help. Ah well...I've since sprayed a clear coat, remasked and sprayed...looks good now and decals are done. Pics soon...

Possibly Christian...plus it's also gotten more humid these last few days so that doesn't help. Ah well...I've since sprayed a clear coat, remasked and sprayed...looks good now and decals are done. Pics soon...

I'm a firm believer in using primer for acrylics but the paint takes a lot longer to cure than what is apparent.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back