• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airbrushes

135engineer

What are people's feelings on those less expensive are brushes get them on Amazon all the time for $25. They look like a Iwata

They may "look" like Iwata, but my take is that they are probably knock offs of Iwata if that. We get fake watches in all the time for all kinds of things. First off we never will work on any of them. Second, no one makes any spare parts, and then they are usually really poor on fit and finish. So those cheap brushes "might" work, but then if anything messes up you will probably never be able to get parts. Of course they might not work at all.

I have bought several Badger airbrushes on sale over the last few years. Badger will usually do a sale once a year or so. The last sale they had most of their airbrushes on sale for $60 bucks or so. I have a Krome, which works well, but my go to for any small stuff is the Sotar 20/20 which works so easy and is a breeze to clean. Part of that is the knob on the end of the needle makes it super easy and fast to remove the needle and get it all cleaned out. Wish the Krome could do the same thing!

I got rid of all of my Iwata, Grex and Badgers because it is tough for me to see some of the parts and I found myself on the floor looking for tips and nozzles, I bought a Paasche Talon with three sized tips and needles. .5, .5 and .2 . They are easier to clean and the tips are much easier to handle and I can see all of the parts. it even comes with a fan spray tip for extra large work areas.

I think it's in the hands of the holder. If you can make an airbrush do what you want it to do, why spend mega bucks on one.

I was just curious , ive been using the double action master airbrush for several years now .
Ihave a H and S as well as Iwata brushes and tend to gravitate back to the master brush.

Back when I played golf I got my butt handed to me (not that I was ever any good) by an old man who was just carrying a pitching wedge. He even putted with it.
I just think it doesn't matter what the tool is as long as you know how to use it.

Back when I played golf I got my butt handed to me (not that I was ever any good) by an old man who was just carrying a pitching wedge. He even putted with it.
I just think it doesn't matter what the tool is as long as you know how to use it.
My Aunt played with a putter, a 9 iron, and a 5 wood. She was playing well into her 70's. Ya gotta know how to use your tool(s).

Back