• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Schwimmwagen Type 128

This looks like something that would be fun. Road trip on plan for tomorrow, will keep an eye out. Thanks James!

Hi James

Did you find out about the tires? What I think would be neat is if you built the Tamiya and Italeri kits at the same time and reviewed the differences about all three kits at the same time.

James B)

Thanks for the info James :v
:( There area a number of these already out there (as well as the Kuble)so I am a little disappointed that AFV have picked a done to death subject.
The same happens with the bmw and side car motor bikes. You think we could see something new - surely they can't make that much from these rehashed subjects?

Bitter&brokeneagle. :angry:

While I agree that they seem to rehash same ole same ole, I dont think anyone has done the Type 128 before. Saul would be able to correct me. I think all the others are the type 166.; So there are shape and size differences. I guess James is right and I should do a side by side with the others. I think I have a Tamiya kit buried somewhere.

James

I have not done a shiwmer yet so this might be a good place to start.

Terry B)

Updated AFV Schwimmwagen Type 128

Okay a side by side of the major components.

DSC03602.JPG

As you can see the 128 is larger and wider. It is also more boxy shaped than the 166. The 166 is a Tamiya kit.

James

Hi James ,

I think you are correct in that this is the first injection molded kit of a Type 128 Schwimwmagen in

1/35 ! There a 1/35 Resin kit from a company in Japan from a few years back call Gum Ka . While nice you still

needed some doner parts from the DML Kubelwagen Type 82 to complete it ! May have to get one of these ! B)

If you don't have the following book

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMiR-Modelers-Special-Edition-Guide-to-the-Kubelwagen-Ampersand-Publishing-/221258067846?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3384022f86

You may want to try and pick one up as it is now out of print but can still be found on ebay !

Worth every penny if you are interested in Kubelwagens and Schwimmwagens !

Not affiliated with the seller but bought a copy of the book years ago when it first came out !

Thanks, I have one of those, just forgot. Will have to dig through the book shelves looking.
James

Well, late posting again! When I saw James' example, I knew I had to get one as it is indeed the first polystyrene example of the 128 body. I also have the Tamiya along with loads of AM for it so I hope some of it will work on the 128.

That ampersand book is well worth the money. All my other books dedicated to the Schwimmwagen barely touch the 128 and concentrate on the 166 (Wings & Wheels, Kagero, so on).

Regards,

Back