• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adlertag!

Laura, when the PE instructions are inadequate, contact me for reference material (although James is pretty good at finding it online as well).

Regards,

:S

i don't think that i want to repeat that work! all those levers killed me! additionally, the pe instructions didn't mention where to put a lever with black knob and where those with red knob! if this setup is correct or not, i don't care, i leave it as is!

Subhuman - Crackbaby

cockpit6instrumentslhs.jpg

the colored rhs (not much visible, sorry!):

cockpit7colors.jpg

g060.gif

I don't know why you wouldn't want to do another, you're doing it so well!

(y) (y) (y)

UH, Laura that's a huge and beatifull job! I've built the 1/48 A4 years ago, so I can imagine how big is in 1/32 :blink
I like the interior details!

Darío

Laura you are doing an excellent job!! I wish my cockpit was that big.

Terry B)

You are doing a stellar job Laura...you have convinced you've been building aircraft your whole life if you keep this up ;)

my work's not that brilliant at all! most of the effects visible is thanks to the colored pe!

did the chairs yesterday and added the seatbelts today! fiddly work i say! pilot's seat and RO seat are glued in place, bomb operator seat only dryfitted! (i know already that THAT seat will cause some headache!)

the pilot's pedal mounts were a real pain to build (horrible engineering!) and they don't align at all but what the hell ... the two tubes coming out of the pedal mounts are mandatory to add if you want to have a realistic look! i used soldering wire to add them ... and i have no idea where they lead so i leave them as they are!

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

seats1.jpg

seats3.jpg

seats2.jpg

g060.gif

Trouble? I can't see any. You're making short order out of this Laura. The lines on the rudder pedals are probably break lines.

Keep going Laura! Soldier on!

well, i do the mistakes and i see them! as you peoples know i'm always unsatisfied with what i do since i know i can do better!

but anyway - we got a closed fuselage!

and it wouldn't be a build of mine if there wouldn't have happened a major fumble! after having glued together the halves, it struck me with a lightning and i thought "what did you forget? what was it? you did forget something!" ... it was the tail wheel assembly and the wing support thingies! :S

so it was tearing the fuselage apart, gluing everything in place and closing the fuselage again!

needless to say that upon first gluing together everything fitted and aligned perfectly and the second run needed extensive double and triple checking!

then - thanks to terry - i decided to add wiring to the instrument panel! the plan was to drill deep holes and insert wire! that would have worked well if the panel wasn't glued in place already, so the holes aren't that deep as i had wished and thus i couldn't follow my plan of making three or four cableforms! i painted all the wires with brown, blue, yellow and red and tried my very best to move them to the LHS of the panel - doesn't look perfect (far from it!) but still better than no wiring at all!

VNV Nation - Honour

fuselageleft.jpg

fuselageright.jpg

instrumentpanelwiring.jpg

g060.gif

EDIT: :pinch: after having checked out the wiring here, i found out that i have it completely wrong in all aspects! :S ... but have an educated guess: i leave everything as is and move on!

ah come on ... it looks great!

What you are wanting to do, an exact museum replica?

The pits looks busy and very well painted and that's great!

I've done the same thing with fuse halves more than once. The wiring looks great!!! Most of the time when doing those kind of details it is guess work. My objective is show that there is detail. You are doing a fantastic job.

Terry B)

I don't know why you think it's wrong. It looks great. that's a detail most often overlooked. I know I never have done it.
Bravo Laura, good save, there's not an aircraft modeler out there who hasn't closed up the fuselage without forgetting the tail wheel. Great progress!

Looks awesome Laura. What someone will see when they look at this is the craftsmanship of a master modeler who has stepped out of the box. Built a model of a subject they would not normally do, and added details that many miss. It's been a pleasure watching this build. I'd be happy doing have as good on my builds.
(y) (y) (y)
James

Man,these guys just won't give you any slack will they?:laugh:

To be truthful with you Laura I think it looks GREAT,I don't give any slack either.:D

Tony Lee :)

Yo Laura,

I'm having nightmares following your build :huh: : I keep askin' myself why I chose to build a plane that someone else is building in the same GB and to which it will be so easy to compare mine to?!?!
emoticon_duh2.gif
I should've gone the Savoia Marchetti 79 way... :( :laugh:

What a lovely build, girl! I'm really enjoying this ride: learning a lot and seing some very cool modeling solutions - who would've told you'd become an expert in planes in less than two weeks!!! :notworthy

Cheers and thanks for sharing! :dude
Fernao

Back