• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy USAF A-37 DRAGONFLY

Wow that seats just make it POP!!! :popcorn

They really do! I thought the other pics sucked, so I took it outside in the 'balmy' 27 degrees F (-2.7 deg C) and got some better pics! I am planning on doing this 'open canopy,', those seats look so good!!

h6513219.JPG

hadf9bed.JPG

h255fc38.JPG

h59defc7.JPG

It is looking really nice. I agree with you that the seats look so nice that the model should be open canopy.

Cheers,
James

OK, HERE IS THEE FINISHED PRODUCT!!! This is easily my best work yet!

ha4c6a10.JPG

The SBS Models Resin/Photo etch is THE BOMB! IT really makes the model POP and in addition to the seats, note that it even offered review mirrors and photo etch enhancement for the canopy front and lift mechanism!

h0ba2eb0.JPG

hab930d9.JPG

hd4d1134.JPG

h8a1d138.JPG

with these pics, note that I had printed off a background of PSP/Marsden matting. Does it look like to big for 1/72 scale? it does to me, as the scale was not stated.

h1d63f51_2018-01-13.JPG

h5d0fb70.JPG

h1d63f51_2018-01-13.JPG

hcea314a.JPG

hbf3c92c.JPG

Nice job, yeah that looks a bit too big for PSP. (y)

I have since dee-scovered that the PSP is indeed too big, but that is why you ask! However, Scale Model Scenery has it in a downloadable format for about $4-5, so I think I will pony up.

It really does exceed my expectations!

Outstanding job. I saw a Dragonfly kit the other day at Hobby Lobby and it made me think of your build. I might just have to give aircraft a try one of these days.

Again, outstanding job!

Cheers,
James

Back