• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy/Hobbycraft Bf 109G-6 FINISHED

matrixone

Here are the snaps of the finished Academy(Hobbycraft mold) 1/48 scale Bf 109G-6.

The model was built SFTB and was painted with Model Master enamels, this model is marked as the 109 that was flown by Anton Hackl Gruppenkommandeur of III./ JG 11 and these markings were partly from an old Cutting Edge decal sheet and scraps from decal spares box.

ha9131da.JPG

h5bbf63f.JPG

h947aa58.JPG

h89e5f48.JPG

h3f82e35.JPG

The other pics will be posted later.

Matrixone

Thanks James, Bob, and Ryan!

Just a moment ago I tried to post the rest of the pictures and got another ''page cannot be displayed''.

Here is another picture posting attempt.

h416782f.JPG

Matrixone

More images of this model...

hc488c18.JPG

h8dbc367.JPG

hb224059.JPG

Below is a photograph of the machine I was trying to model...not too bad except for the screw up of the placement of the yellow fuselage triangle, it should be one fuselage frame to the rear. :facepalm I decaled this model at the same time while doing the K-4 and forgot the two types have the fuel triangle in different places.
h88fe650.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks Ian, Mainly28s, and Luiz!

The pictures of this G-6 are the least favorite of the three finished 109's, my plan is to show the worst first and get them out of the way.

Some 'studio' type of pictures.

h802f3ad.JPG

hf40784e.JPG

hacd7dbb.JPG

h2bb6c36.JPG

Matrixone

Ryan,
I use Photoshop Elements, its an older program I bought on sale about 8 years ago. It may be out of date compared to the new stuff of today but it gets the job done.

Matrixone

Your finish and weathering on these in my eye are perfect! :ro: Beautiful work Les! B)

All the best!
Dusan.

Back