• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Abrams Tusk II. The absolute Power

Filters? What for? Filters have two uses for me (of course, just my opinion!!!!) :laugh:
1.- Change the color of any part of the kit
2.- Bend the base color.

With a very rich base color, is not neccesary (1 out)
If I made a very rich base, why should I hide or bend it? Yes, I know that I´m a little bit extreme modeller with the different colors ....... sorry .... :blush: :blush:

In my opinion, washes make all the contrast more natural and atractive.... so, time for washes!

Washes_3.jpg

Washes_2.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

I like it! I do some of the same things, but you do them so much better.

Terry B)

Thank you very much! ....

Now I´m weathering the tank, and I must say that it´s a BIG tank! Big surfaces, a lot of details .... :S :S :S ..... :gogo

Question from a novis :)..Is it usual with this sort of model to completely finish the build before paint ? tracks and wheels and all ?

Well for me anyway it depends on the model. Like for my Tiger I did all the wheels separately because of the inner leaving of the wheels.

Sorry to hijack your thread Jose!

Terry B)

Paddy .... a complicated question! It depends on the kit. Let me explain.

With wheeled vehicles, I strongly recommend to glue the painted wheels at the end, but on tracked tanks, not always. If your´re going to make a heavily muddy tank, I´d glue all togheter as the base color of the mud is the same everywhere. With a no heavy weathered hull, I recommend to paint the different parts separately.

My Abrams is a special case. Excepting the MG, I glued all togheter as I´d be able to reach with the pencil to every visible place in the wheels and tracks. I needed to have those lateral protections glued to see the global view of the kit and decide the intensity of the different base color here and there.

In my case, I always try to have as much parts glued as possible before painting a kit, as some times, I spoil the paint where I glue parts!

So, depends on the kit and also about your skills.

More steps, oils

oils_zps9e513a50.jpg

Well for me anyway it depends on the model. Like for my Tiger I did all the wheels separately because of the inner leaving of the wheels.

Sorry to hijack your thread Jose!

Terry B)

You´re ALWAYS welcome!!!. I love that anybody can ask and anybody can also reply in my post. It makes the post really useful as modelling is sharing opinions. So, thanks!!! :laugh:

:popcorn Excellent work with the painting my friend!. This is the first time that I see this version, is some curious :blink

Regards!
Rodolfo

Back