• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A4-B Skyhawk

The A-4A/B/C/L/P/Q only had 3 hardpoints. The 2 outboard stations were added beginning with the A-4E. The centre fuselage and intake ducting were redesigned with the installation of the J52 engine. The A-4E was about 2 feet longer than the A-4B.

Cheers,
Rich

OK I get that, but why does the airfix kit mention the two outer stations and even include them in the kit?

I want to be accurate, but cannot help but wonder...maybe they were peesent on the Argentine version?

The pylons may be there for potential future releases of the A-4C/E/F.

The Argentine A-4P/Q's were refurbished A-4B/C's and retained the 3 weapons stations when delivered. The Argentines did their own mod to add the outboard pylons for AIM-9B's to the A-4C's. The A-4C requires a whole new nose.

Cheers,
Rich

Ok. Thanks! Maybe not everything I wanted to hear, but better to build it accurately than all wrong!

I think the A-4E also had a hump on the upper fuselage for added avionics, but i could be wrong...

Good looking build so far! Keep it going!

Well work has really been sucking up the time! Increased load + moving into the new plant expansions is making life tough! Anyway, I have paint on the little Skyhawk, and I will get the pics up soon. What has really turned out well for me would be the Novus Plastic Polish!

$5 dee-livered from Flea-Bay!
All those that recommended this really knew what they were talking about! It cleaned right up in no time flat! Here are the before pics:

And here are the after:

Doubtful I will get any further painting done this weekend, too much to do on Sunday, but the plan (hopefully) is to jump into this full-bore next weekend, with the eye of being close to done!

Well work and life in general have conspired to really give me limited bench time, but what time I have had, I have tried to make good use of. Here you can see the last few weekends in one post, she is not at the point of just needing to be touched a tiny bit, then hit with future so I can do a wee bit of weathering:

Getting there, but you can see some flaws........

Here I have all but a few bits and the decals on there – amazing what a difference those decals make!

OK, so I finally got around doing a basic pin wash to make the panels stand out a tad more, and added a centerline fuel tank & a pair of mk. 84 - 1000lb (453.5 kilos) bombs from the Hasegawa weapons sets. As this craft, were it on a carrier, would more likely have a pilot in it, I chose to model it on a concrete runway. So I downloaded the concrete runway from Scale Model Scenery, and cut it to fit the little storage box I got from Hobby Lobby. All in all a neat little model and a value well worth the money paid!

Why thank you Sir! I really enjoyed the build! I wanna try thier version of the F-86 in NMF next!

Back