• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom

Decided for this build to go back to enamels for the paintwork - Heresy, I know, but I still love working with oil-based paints, and especially so as there's no 'deadline' to get this done, so waiting for the paint to dry/cure isn't any sort of issue.

hecd663c.JPG

h50c1227.JPG

So the whole top-side is lightly sprayed with Xtracolour 'American Interior Green'. Hopefully it will make a good base for the pre-shading and then the top-coats and hopefully some more will 'happen' tomorrow.

AFN

Ian.

Very nice thar Ian! Looks good so far!! (y) (y)

Nice save thar Bob!! :drinks Now let's see whatcha kin do wit it!! :hmmm :popcorn

Any interest in a pair of booms for a P-38F? I got them awhile back intended to try converting the 1/48 Monogram J to an F but, decided not to. The booms are resin.

Masked ready for stripes - how much 'fun' do you think this was :java

h225b535.jpg

h7b71ec7.jpg

h4cbf5a1.JPG

...and now, without masking :ro:

he59d53b.JPG

h42fe921.JPG

h53c9148.JPG

Tamiya enamel red (X7) two medium coats at low pressure, will definitely need a third session. Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, more next week.

AFN

Ian.

Well I'm playing catch up but I got a work excuse. :pilot

h0cbbd00.jpg

Used some Mr. Surfacer 1200 to check seam lines and gaps. got some touch up to do before getting to the colors.

...and now, as if by magic, the stripes have (sort of) disappeared :eek:hmy:

h28395ec.jpg

h40d81cf.jpg

:frantic Don't panic, I know what I'm doing :gogo

Ian.

Back