• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A few cool airplane pics

Hawkwrench

My family and I went over to Lunken Airport last weekend for "Airport Days" I took a few pics of some planes and thought I'd share them with you guys.

The last one is a memorial to all who have died while service to their country.

Tim

Nice. We've got a couple T-6s, a P-51D, and a Sandy that fly around here pretty regularly. :pilot

The B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" was there as well, but sadly I couldn't get any pics. It was too crowded around the airplane.

Tim

Good pictures :good: Thanks for sharing . Amazingly I have never stood next to a Skyraider :idonno

I wish you had taken some shots of the C-45 though .

Cheers, Christian B)

I never realized just how tall those Skyraiders sit!
The C-45 was there, but I just walked around it without taking any pics. :smack
I smacked myself for that one!
The wife made a comment about going to next years Dayton Airshow so I'm all ready for that trip along with lots of pics this time.

Tim

I never realized just how tall those Skyraiders sit!
The C-45 was there, but I just walked around it without taking any pics. :smack
I smacked myself for that one!
The wife made a comment about going to next years Dayton Airshow so I'm all ready for that trip along with lots of pics this time.

Tim

I've never been to the Dayton airshow . Got a date ????

That would probably be worth the drive up if the timing is good.

Cheers, Christian B)

The 2017 Dayton Airshow will take place on June 24th and 25th. If you've never been to the Dayton Airshow, your missing a cool show. Lots of planes flying and lots of static aircraft also.
Next year will feature the USAF Thunderbirds.

Tim

The 2017 Dayton Airshow will take place on June 24th and 25th. If you've never been to the Dayton Airshow, your missing a cool show. Lots of planes flying and lots of static aircraft also.
Next year will feature the USAF Thunderbirds.

Tim

Do they draw a good number a good number of ww II birds Tim ? Or is it geared more towards all the latest flash bang stuff ?

Cheers Christian B)

It usually draws a pretty big crowd every year. As far as the planes, it's usually a mix between the old and the new, more new than old, but old planes are usually there.

Pretty cool show I think!

Tim

It usually draws a pretty big crowd every year. As far as the planes, it's usually a mix between the old and the new, more new than old, but old planes are usually there.

Pretty cool show I think!

Tim

Now that I think about it, all the new stuff flying in the US could be considered old .

Even the F-35 will be old before it's common site . Just not what we use to be .

Can't say for certain but I think the big displays will be further West where the majority of them are kept.

That does not mean I will not attend. Will have to consider. Thanks for the info :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back