• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"A BOY AND HIS DOG"

For sure,I will be in...a little vignete : two tankers from Alpine and a PzIV from Darius in a edgie form :soldier

Regards!

Luiz

I haven't been here long enough to know what this is.

I've been waiting for details, but figured I might as well ask: so what gives and how can I help?

I haven't been here long enough to know what this is.

I've been waiting for details, but figured I might as well ask: so what gives and how can I help?
Here is the link to last years CTA
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/call-to-arms

In a nutshell, we had a special campaign last year where we asked an entrance fee and donations with all proceeds going to fight Cancer. We did this to support one of our members who got cancer. Unfortunately he died from it before seeing the results of our campaign. All money went to the Cancer Fund of Australia. Prizes were donated by members and companies. This year the money is going towards helping another member who's son needs a support dog. This is an expensive proposition and so every little bit helps to cover his costs and make the young fellows life a bit better. Everyone is encouraged to enter and if you would like donate extra. Only finished models will qualify for a prize drawing. Even though times are tough for everyone, some have it tougher and this is our way of trying to help out while doing what we love to do.
James

Jeff this is Call to Arms, the original one is here.
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/call-to-arms

It's our fund raiser, last year we did it for John Marcus who had cancer and lost that battle before we got finished. We raised over $1300 usd for the Queensland Cancer Council, that's where John was from.

This time we're doing it for Ian Loup, Kenny Loup's son who has need for a special dog. Kenny of course is the man behind Gator Grip Glue and Gator Mask and a friend of everyone in the hobby.

For a small love offering you get a slot on our CTA2 Campaign and it's open to any subject you'd like to build. Completed builds are entered in a pool for a drawing at the end of the build. Winners get prizes from our prize pool which is filled by our members and vendors who wish to be involved a little more.

I'll have the forum created this weekend and at that time post the rules and our current prize list. Hopefully we'll have the donation portal up and running this weekend also.

Hope you and everyone will give generously and help get that boy a dog! :mpup

I assumed it was Ian, I know Kenny from the pre-Gator days. ;)

Looking forward to helping out.

I am in. Are builds that are started,but not painted allowed? If no,I can come up with something suitable.

Actually, the disaster I had was all painting related. The model was painted Insignia Red. I had finished up the first bottle of IR, so had to go get more from my LHS. Upon painting w/ the 2nd bottle, I found that the color didn't match, and it just kinda went downhill from there.

The model is still in its box from having the paint stripped and then put back on the shelf. I've yet to pull it back out and work on it again. I decided that this gives me the opportunity to correct some issues I'd had but chose to ignore & move on. I'll get back on it eventually. Actually been thinking about pulling it back out, but haven't yet.

May I suggest an Airfix new mold Adam Its hard to mess one of them up.

I am in. Are builds that are started,but not painted allowed? If no,I can come up with something suitable.

New builds only Chad, sorry. Since this is an all in or nothing contest everyone has to start at the beginning.

I'm signed up and ready to go,

Scanning my stash of unstarted kits, what is more appropriate for a boy than Moebius' "Mars Attacks!"? ;)

I will finish this kit. I will. I never completely finish anything, but this I will. Unless...No! I will finish. I will not try to vacuform an new one piece helmet. I will finish it. I may wire the streetlamp and ray gun for LEDs but it will not slow me down. :blink

At first I thought this was for cancer again and since I now have cancer, I was going to join this. However, I've watched Ian grow up on the LEM during the many years I knew Kenny from there so this is an even more important reason to sign up. Kenny, I'm right there for you. I'll be checking my stash to see what would model would give me the best chance of finishing while doing it up to a decent standard to honor Ian. I'll keep you posted.

I'm in but will have to wait until I'm back to getting paychecks in the fall...having summer off is great as a teacher, but the budget gets skinny in Aug and Sept...

At first I thought this was for cancer again and since I now have cancer, I was going to join this. However, I've watched Ian grow up on the LEM during the many years I knew Kenny from there so this is an even more important reason to sign up. Kenny, I'm right there for you. I'll be checking my stash to see what would model would give me the best chance of finishing while doing it up to a decent standard to honor Ian. I'll keep you posted.

Mark you haven't said anything. Hope you're getting proper treatment and you got it on the run! Sending you Big Zen! :zen :zen :zen

I'm in but will have to wait until I'm back to getting paychecks in the fall...having summer off is great as a teacher, but the budget gets skinny in Aug and Sept...

I will do lay-away for you!
:laugh: :rotf :yipee :tomato

Regards,

Lol...thanks Saúl...I've got the kits...just need to wait on the registration fees for a month or two...I'll still have plenty of time to finish ;)

Back