• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'65 Chevelle wip

good old Revell Z16 kit. new issue with big wheels,.I'll be making it a stock version

here is a bit of work to the engine so far.

I added poor mans pulleys just using some wire to wrap the edges, dipstick tube and the normal drilling of the distributor etc

ot0ksp.jpg

made a leaky valve cover!
2yx0nqp.jpg

I got the engine wired up, even added lettering on the plug wires.( Luftwaffe decals! lol )
I weathered it but not to junker status ! lol also no point to detail the carb since the air cleaner is going to live on top

rmipp0.jpg

11t1ik2.jpg

2vv8eud.jpg

313rn06.jpg

s414l3.jpg

e061p2.jpg

That engine is looking real good. can't wait to see it all finished. I have that Chevelle in my stash all painted up and just needing to be built, and I also have a 65 Chevelle wagon that is almost finished as a surf wagon. Hopefully I'll get to do them up and show them off.

Dave

So I finally did some more work on this build

painted a metallic blue craft paint. then weathered with artist oils. the chrome trim is cheap HVAC tape from the dollar tree.

10pqayx.jpg

28lz77c.jpg

mt124y.jpg

2zi07lu.jpg

14wymxj.jpg

23sgkf6.jpg

33k42lz.jpg

35mk6mg.jpg

Just a couple of notes.

Definitely not a factory stock engine.

The dipstick is on the wrong side for small block Chevy.

Cheers, Christian

Just a couple of notes.

Definitely not a factory stock engine.

The dipstick is on the wrong side for small block Chevy.

Cheers, Christian

Factory stock bigblock 396 Z16 Chevelle

Body color isn't stock to that particular car though, they only came in red,black or yellow. I prefer blue though lol

Back