• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2nd AFV: Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.B (DAK version)

Turkeyshot

Hey guys,

Here is my 2nd attempt at building an AFV. After building the ZSU-23-4M last year (see thread HERE), I thought second time around I would take a crack at the diminutive Panzer I from the North Africa campaign. This kit is from Dragon (Kit #6207) and comes with 4 bonus figures (see below).

Pz_Kpfw_I_B-1.jpg

Please note that this is still a WIP, and I did not think to take any photos earlier during the build. At this point, assembly has been finished, the paint layers have been applied, decals have been added, and it has received a wash of Burnt Umber oil paint (though, again,it seems as though I am still being too heavy with this). I am now at the stage of drybrushing to bring out some of the details and the adding the final weathering with Tamiya Weathering Master Pigments.

This is my first attempt at the hairspray technique and I think that I may have gotten a little bit carried away with it. What do you think: too much? As I am still yet to invest in an airbrush, this was painted with Tamiya spray cans: a base coat of Tamiya German Grey (TS-4), over which I sprayed a coat of Tamiya Dark Yellow (TS-3)

Pz_Kpfw_I_B-5.jpg

Pz_Kpfw_I_B-4.jpg

Once I have finished with the AFV, I will start on the plaster base by MIG created specially for the smaller panzers. Initially, I had planned to display this tank with the 2 figures pouring water (shown on the right hand side of the first photo below), although it wasn't until after I had assembled and painted them that I realised the base was too small to depict that scene without it looking too crowded. Thankfully, the kit comes with 2 other figures, so I will display the panzer with the seated figure sitting on the turret drinking (see 2nd photo below).

Pz_Kpfw_I_B-2.jpg

Pz_Kpfw_I_B-7.jpg

I welcome any suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism that you may have for me. Cheers.

Those first Panzers that were repainted sand over gray looked way shabby very quickly. Yours is a good representation as the wear patterns follow the crew path ways. I like this a lot.

G

Well done !
As said before, early dak vehicles were painted with anything yellowish one could grab and looked very shabby.
Its almost impossible to overdo it.

Hey guys, it has been a while since I last posted anything here. In the interim, however, I have managed quite a bit of work on a number of different builds currently on the bench. This includes this tiny little Panzer 1B, which I am now happy to call FINISHED!

As you will see from the photos posted below, I have finished the weathering on the tank, painted and weathered the figures, and painted the base.

Front view
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-14.jpg

Top view
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-12.jpg

Rear view
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-13.jpg

Stowage detail
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-11.jpg

Base detail
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-10.jpg

Figure detail
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-8.jpg

Figure detail
Pz_Kpfw_I_B-9.jpg

I welcome any suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism that you may have for me. Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I am quite happy with the way that she has worked out and am glad to have finally finished it off. It has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust for a few months now.

Back