• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2019 Summer Airplane fun

Sorry Chris I couldn't top your excellent pictures.
So here are a few from my fun day at the show.
You know me and helicopters.
hd1c139b.jpg

A-10 Warthog.
h40b8076.jpg

This is the Goshawk
he47b860.jpg

We finish with a round engine.
hebd9287.jpg

I have lots of video that I will have to edit.
The last time I went to the QCA this happened:
June 29, 1992 - An AV-8B Harrier II leaving the airshow crashed on take off, killing pilot Maj. Jeffrey Smith. The jet lost engine power on take off, and the pilot quickly ran out of runway. The Harrier veered left across a field and then dipped into a shallow drainage ditch, shearing off the nose and the main landing gear. He ejected, but later died from his injuries sustained. The jet was damaged beyond repair.
During the 70's, 80's and 90's I attended as may Airshows as possible.
Oskhosh from 1976 - 1995, before they let everyone on the flightline.
I did make it to 2001 Arctic Thunder – Alaska Air Show Association Anchorage Alaska.
This was before I had a digital camera.
Sorry to steal your thread, but also thank you for letting me.
Frank
:yipee :yipee

I try to go to them when I know about them, generally only hear about them after the fact. I was at Beaufort MCAS when LtC, Kevin "Kojak" Davis. No6 crashed in 2007.

adding interesting pictures is NOT stealing "My" thread. M/A belongs to ALL of us.
Bravo Frank! we didn't walk far enough to see all the Purty Ladies in attendance.
:bang head :bat :facepalm
QCA 2014 Glen Smith bought the Farm in his L-39 Albatros. It was a rainy, yucky day to fly. The Thunderbirds stayed on the ground. (You know how the USAF is about getting their airplanes wet. :rotf )
Glen & two of his mates flew their show performance. We were there that awful day.
:salute :pilot :zen

Another example of finding out a day late.

https://www.indexjournal.com/news/wwii-relic-pulled-from-lake-greenwood-nearly-ready-for-second/article_1563a98c-dde1-5661-b229-b02d5f092e3d.html

WWII relic pulled from Lake Greenwood nearly ready for second life

notice the story was posted 5 hours ago, reporting open house at the hanger YESTERDAY. :bang head

I have only been to a couple of airshows. One was a Jenks airport back in the early 70's as I was in high school at the time. The second one was at Tulsa International in the 80's. The second one I video taped and got the whole airshow with the Thunderbirds and other flyover acts. Stood on a large ice chest and had a perfect view. The batteries died just as the last Thunderbird taxied and parked.

Another year there was to be a show in October, which in Tulsa is usually nice. The Blue Angels were to perform. The day before they were practicing and where I worked was "right under" where they were practicing. Needless to say not much was done while they were in the air. Turns out the temps dropped overnight to the low 30'sF and the show was cancelled. We got to see it though.

Back