• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1958 Edsel Gasser 10-14-18 Engine Details

Great work! Details are great, I’m wondering though if both carbs would have choke butterfly valves? Just curious, I’ve seen a few multi carb engines and can’t recall if they did or not anymore.
I do know my 6 pack Dodge (which I painted Chevy orange) only had a choke valve on the centre carb.
The headers look great too, great potential for weathering there.

These Holley carbs are the old standard street carburetor, series 1850. Perhaps not enough CFM for the 1/8 mile gobbling, bone-shaking, Ford FE block 427. They should be dandy for the SOHC engine too!
Rest assured, My Brethren. Mike & I are cooking up 4160's with no choke plates and mechanical secondaries for future
Tire Grinding Gasser projects!

A new color enigma for sure :blink What color is Ford blue ? According to Henry, every color was black.

Looking good Mike . Great job with the Hollies (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Great work! Details are great, I’m wondering though if both carbs would have choke butterfly valves? Just curious, I’ve seen a few multi carb engines and can’t recall if they did or not anymore.
I do know my 6 pack Dodge (which I painted Chevy orange) only had a choke valve on the centre carb.
The headers look great too, great potential for weathering there.

I had a small block Chevy with twin four barrels for a daily driver. No chokes at all and never had any issues on those cold Ohio mornings .

Cheers, Christian B)

Many thanks to all for the comments, I appreciate the feedback. The Y block had a maximum displacement of 340 cubic inches, so the twin Holleys aren't too much carb for what I'm doing here. As far as the chokes go, yes, one carb or both should be without, but since Rhino made them for me, I wanted to use them. Most folks don't notice (or know the difference anyway :rotf )

The Y block is also kind of an oddity in that the distributor is in the rear, not something you usually see in a Ford. :eek:hyeah

More to come, stay tuned and thanks for coming by!
:drinks

I'm not correcting, I'm teaching. :eek:ldguy

The carbs were flawless, no bubbles and the pour blocks are just the right size. :salute

Back