• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 The Start!

Thanks guys! Did I mention this kit has no less than 6 A sprues? Talk about a headache! :unsure: :bat

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Adding Details

Thanks Mike!

Well, we're in the allergy season in the piedmont and my eyes are not cooperating! Last Thursday's session brought slow changes and additions to the ol' 33, not without a lot of frustration! The instructions are next to useless, what worked better was good reference photos and just plain making stuff fit! I ran out of time, so didn't take any photos along the way, but here's where we are today.

IMG_9090.JPG

IMG_9091.JPG

IMG_9092.JPG

Spare Friuls come in handy!

IMG_9093.JPG

Sentiment of the week...

smallMain_30_595.jpg

Thanks for dropping by, much more to come!

:drinks

:rotf LOL ! Instant gratification is so much faster :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Mike!

Well, we're in the allergy season in the piedmont and my eyes are not cooperating! Last Thursday's session brought slow changes and additions to the ol' 33, not without a lot of frustration! The instructions are next to useless, what worked better was good reference photos and just plain making stuff fit! I ran out of time, so didn't take any photos along the way, but here's where we are today.

IMG_9090.JPG

IMG_9091.JPG

IMG_9092.JPG

Spare Friuls come in handy!

IMG_9093.JPG

Sentiment of the week...

smallMain_30_595.jpg

Thanks for dropping by, much more to come!

git'er done.... :soldier

Thanks guys! B)

More progress today after a really slow start. Added some brass to the fender supports.

IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9095.JPG

In looking through reference photos, I found this field installed stowage rack and decided to gin one up.

5477193311_d3b3d2b0ef.jpg

I dug around in the scratch building box and found this HO scale hand rail I had bought 8-9 years ago for another project and thought it might work OK. I added a couple struts and glued it up.

IMG_9100_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_9101.JPG

IMG_9096.JPG

IMG_9097.JPG

More boxes!

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_9099.JPG

Damn! It's after 4! Where did the day go???

Thanks for coming by! :drinks

Finally a bit of good karma from this kit :woohoo: Go Mike . It's really shaping up now .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, fellas! The 33 is in primer, waiting for life things to settle down some. Maybe get some color on it later today. B)

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Paint Work 4-9-17

Thank you, my friends! I'm glad you like the beast. I primed the entire hull with a couple of coats of Tamiya Gray primer and let it dry for several days. Next up came a light coat of Tamiya Flat Brown XF-10 to enhance the shadows. No photos were taken, oops. This morning, I shot a couple light coats of Tamiya Dark Yellow XF-60, not covering everything on purpose. I lightened the mix with a few drops of Tamiya Buff XF-57 and sprayed the centers of panels and parts.

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

More to come, still have to figure out a camo scheme. :idonno Thanks for dropping in!

Back