• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 Eduard Profipack

Many thanks dear friends!

Just a quick update. I got the painting on, tried some different tones in the Service hubs and ports. I think it Looks actually quite good. Now on to the decals, next week.

I am off to an Extended Weekend in Italy. Should be great! :mpup

Cheers

Alex

h8ac7608.JPG

h083f8f0.JPG

h1a9877b.JPG

h9c721e2.JPG

ha186d94.JPG

Say hi to my daughter and her husband if you see them. They are in Rome for a couple of days. :silly: :Hiay

Enjoy your trip! :dance

Thanks everyone!

We had a great time in Italy. Didn't make it all the way south to Rome, stayed in Lombardy with Family. What a feast! I probably gained 200 Pounds in one night. My aunt Cooks like a Michelin 3-Star...

In any case, yesterday I got the decals in. It Looks a bit unrealistic, too shiny and clean for an active, B-29 killer MiG. I will see what I can achieve with some weathering.

hfaee4a7.jpg

Here the pics. I hope to be ready soon.

h94bff1d.JPG

h825cfa3.JPG

h2f23ecd.JPG

h47a745b.JPG

hb5578c6.JPG

h421fd58.JPG

h6bfdbda.JPG

haffce79.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Natural Metal Finish is tough to pull off on anything, let along brushing. Great job Alex, I like it!

Let's find something to do a BMF job on. :pilot

Thank you. You guys are ever so Kind to me. It really means a lot, your encouragement and Support.

Bob, I guess I would Need first to check if BMF is something I can tolerate (fumes = Asthma). If so, I will gladly work with you in learning something else. Thank you!!!

I finished the MiG. Actually not bad, since it was my first silver bird. The weathering really gave it a more realistic look, I am pleased with the result. After all, it is brush painted and 1/72. I hope you like it too.

Now I am moving on to other Projects. A MiG-17 for the African campaign, a Sukhoi Su-27 for the Revell campaing and a Lavochkin La-7 for the Wesendorf field.

Thanks again and cheers

Alex

hdd5d3dc.JPG

h365cead.JPG

h9895850.JPG

h8df43af.JPG

h6e847d0.JPG

hfde4d30.JPG

h503a8de.JPG

Back