• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Messerschmitt Bf.110E from 5./ZG "Wespen"

Hello dear friends

Busy, busy but I managed to get some work done. This is exciting, it Looks actually ok!

Here is the original Camouflage RLM 74-75-76 complete. The mottling is still not good, I Need to work on the sponges I am using:

h234b7a3.JPG

hae77f44.JPG

h40fdd6a.JPG

hae7bf76.JPG

And here is the winter coating with the yellow bands of the Eastern front.

hcc44605.JPG

haefc312.JPG

hcc8df71.JPG

h15597c4.JPG

hc3b5787.JPG

ha3b6cba.JPG

Can't wait to get the Wespen decals on.

Cheers

Alex

Remarkable job Doc! Don't feel bad; this is my first time being able to log in in five days! This was well worth the wait, and I agree with Paddy; it's great to see 1/72 scale work!

Thank you so much everyone! Your comments and Support are really greatly appreciated! :notworthy :notworthy

I am so happy with this Project. It seems that finally things are starting to look at least acceptable, it is sometimes frustrating to look at all the wonderful models in here and then look at your own...

The decals are in and Boy this Wespen Thing Looks amazing! Now I just Need to weatherize the 110 and quit while I am ahead. AFAIK These winter birds were really dirty, specially in Russia, am I right?

Anyways, here the decals.

Cheers

Alex

h114cf9b.JPG

hfb3cba5.JPG

h8452ab8.JPG

h4d1441d.JPG

h2631c95.JPG

h17c875f.JPG

hdc7007a.JPG

hcd18e3d.JPG

Thank you so much everyone! Your comments and Support are really greatly appreciated! :notworthy :notworthy

I am so happy with this Project. It seems that finally things are starting to look at least acceptable, it is sometimes frustrating to look at all the wonderful models in here and then look at your own...

The decals are in and Boy this Wespen Thing Looks amazing! Now I just Need to weatherize the 110 and quit while I am ahead. AFAIK These winter birds were really dirty, specially in Russia, am I right?

Anyways, here the decals.

Cheers

Alex

h114cf9b.JPG

hfb3cba5.JPG

h8452ab8.JPG

h4d1441d.JPG

h2631c95.JPG

h17c875f.JPG

hdc7007a.JPG

hcd18e3d.JPG

I think they operated from grass field and the white wash was not a permanent paint so it wore badly.

Hope that helps. I would look for pictures myself.

Cheers, Christian B)

This looks sensational; I love how those decals snuggled right in. Most impressive!

I know what you mean about looking at all the masterpieces on this Forums and then looking at my own 'toys'; it can be a bit depressing.

As for dirtying this up, a lot of it would be mud splatters underneath from the landing gear kicking up mud and dirt from the grassy fields as it took off or landed. Maybe even some muddy smeared footprints along the areas where the crew entered the craft and/or re-fueled it and re-armed it. Just some ideas, but as Phantom said, check out some pics of actual aircraft to be sure.

Hello dear friends

Many thanks for the comments. I wish I could post here more often but it has been just crazy lately.

In any case, I did some Research and found out that mud blots were indeed common in These winter aircraft but they seemed to dry off and fall quite rapidly; the most intensive staining These aircraft had was oil and fuel leaking from the engines and exhausts.

hc69dee0.jpg

Accordingly, I have worked mostly on These Areas with the weathering. I am very happy with the result and I think this is the best one I have made so far. Don't Forget, this is all 1/72! Only Thing missing is a nice winter Diorama but I am working on that..,.

Now I am on to more Russian theatre with a few VVS planes. A new Topic contains some Initial Pictures.

Thanks so much for your Support.

Cheers

Alex

hbcba354.JPG

hc2c40a4.JPG

h30069f2.JPG

h985506c.JPG

h20a2095.JPG

he0eaa2e.JPG

h7bd4205.JPG

hd9ccda1.JPG

h158dbc3.JPG

hf739d1a.JPG

Very nice Alex. The only thing I see missing would be that insane black exhaust smoke these engines made.

I would suggest some pastel colors or some pigments with a wide soft brush (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice Alex. The only thing I see missing would be that insane black exhaust smoke these engines made.

I would suggest some pastel colors or some pigments with a wide soft brush (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Do you mean like this:

h25ff3f3.JPG

h2fbbe44.JPG

h12dce2c.JPG

he2df2f9.JPG

h721d7a9.JPG

This is the Tamiya weathering powder. Always tought it was "too much" but actually in this case not bad ;)

Cheers

Alex

That's a trick of the camera. I did a F101 Voodoo once that I thought I over weathered but once I got some pictures of it, turned out nice.

Look back at your reference photo, the soot stains look like it's completely black but could be effect of the B/W photo. If it were mine I'd think I was about half way there but it looks good as you have it. (y)

Back