• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Italeri Sunderland III

Old Dog

OK, I considered a number of kits for this campaign, the He 115, the Martin Mariner and the BV 222. I am disappointed that no after market has appeared for the Mariner and the 222 is just huge. Anyway the Sunderland seemed to be calling my name so...

The prerequisite time stamp

sunderlandstart1.jpg

sunderlandstart2.jpg

May be a week or two before I actually start cutting plastic, currently life issues are eating my modeling time.

Thanks for stopping by !

Glory Hallelujah ! I've been wondering about their first release since it came out.

Glad I held out as I prefer this version even better.

Waiting with anticipation . You go Gary ! (y)

PS. Really waiting for the Stirling to be released though :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah a new Stirling would be nice, according to the release table on Cybermodeler the Mk IV is due out in July. I suspect it will feature the same surface detail as it shared a common wing with the Sunderland

Been waiting for someone t release that one and the Sunderland for years . Didn't think it would happen in such short time frame. :idonno

If the details are too annoying I hope to have some sandpaper left over from the Clog project :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I have begun to cut parts off sprues and cleaning them up but outdoor activities keep dragging me away from the bench. Eduard has announced a color Zoom and mask set for the kit to be released next month so I may wait to start the pit till then, in the meantime I'll proceed with other things that can be put together, update soon (I hope) :D

There are a few corrections that could be made if you wish to go that route.

1. The diagonal lines on the upper wing fuel tanks can be filled, they represent reinforcing that was only on the Mk I/II.

2. The centre porthole of the three along the wing leading edge on the right fuselage half should be filled.

3. Still on the right fuselage half, a 10th porthole should be added at the front of the lower string of 9. This is also required on the Mk I/II kit.

4. The Oil Cooler vents on the upper wings had defelctors installed on Mk III's. Like these as seen on a Mk V.

SunderlandOilcoolersoutlet.jpg

5. If not displaying the bomb racks deployed, the tracks in the lower wing should be filled as there were strips that moved with the rack to cover them.

Cheers,
Rich

There are a few corrections that could be made if you wish to go that route.

1. The diagonal lines on the upper wing fuel tanks can be filled, they represent reinforcing that was only on the Mk I/II.

2. The centre porthole of the three along the wing leading edge on the right fuselage half should be filled.

3. Still on the right fuselage half, a 10th porthole should be added at the front of the lower string of 9. This is also required on the Mk I/II kit.

4. The Oil Cooler vents on the upper wings had defelctors installed on Mk III's. Like these as seen on a Mk V.

SunderlandOilcoolersoutlet.jpg

5. If not displaying the bomb racks deployed, the tracks in the lower wing should be filled as there were strips that moved with the rack to cover them.

Cheers,
Rich

Great info and picture :D Who know, it's not to late to succumb to insanity and buy one. :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the info Rich , it should prove helpful!

These showed up in the mailbox this week

sunderlandnew-pe-am.jpg

sunderlandnew-mask.jpg

So I'm running out of excuses, I think the only one left is the gloriously nice weather we have had the past week here in Ohioland.

Well Bob, I really hate being indoors when it's nice outside and I seem to have a never ending list of outdoor chores to do. (happens when you have 5 acres and a 114 year old house) so I guess you need to root for bad weather. Rain is in the forecast for the next couple days so who knows ! :idonno Doing all of these reviews of late has also taken away some of my bench time but I'm about done with all I'm going to do for a while, getting a bit burned out on them.

Good job Bob ! Although it wasn't in the forecast I heard, it clouded up and rained this afternoon so I guess I'd better get started before it changes to snow ;)

Back