• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Hobby Boss F4F-3 Wildcat "Eileen"

Hi all

First post for a while.. and first model that has come near completion for some time. I decided to tackle the Hobby Boss 1/72 F4F-3 Wildcat.

I started this kit as a “quick build” between club meetings, as the theme for the October meeting was Yellow.. and hobby boss kits are meant to be basic and easy to assemble.. as it turned out, it was nowhere near as easy as I thought it would be.

Most of the way through the build, my better half’s grandma passed away, so, as well as a build for the club theme, I have also dedicated this build to her, so I will be making a decal named “Eileen” in her honour.

Once the decals have been printed and final weathering has been applied, I will post again. For now, for the full nitty gritty, click here.

Cheers

Rob

Hey Rob nice wee build. I'm down in Palmy on Thursday for a meeting... is that wee model shop still there (forget the name of the road), usually has a lot of built car models in the window.

Ian.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

...I'm down in Palmy on Thursday for a meeting... is that wee model shop still there (forget the name of the road), usually has a lot of built car models in the window...
Ian.. is that Mr. Models you are thinking of on Cuba St? If so, he is only open Wednesday-Sunday these days. There is also a bookshop near the corner of Main & Ruahine Sts called 747 that has some models, but nowhere near as extensive as Mr. Models

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob

Hey Rob, thanks for sharing. Great job on the Yellow Wing, inspiring me to give it another go on something...anything.... :bang head

Back