• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

My Machine Guns came Yesterday! I ordered them from a eBay vendor. $3.00!
IMG_4296.JPG

The odd looking doo-dads in the bottom half are twin 13mm gun mounts. They should be just dandy for USS Defiance's twin .50 Mounts! 2 folds, and PRESTO! :yipee
IMG_4297.JPG

Pay no mind to that Yankee Ironclad, in the background. (USS Indianola) She's just there for contrast.
VFFSB got her forward M2 .50 caliber gun today as well. :skipper
IMG_4294.JPG

IMG_4295.JPG

Stay tuned for more micro-model silliness!! :drinks :bang head

Ah, my Friends,
One must focus, when in Teeny Gear, and have no worries for anything else. Music+coffee+bitty scale= Brain Vacation!! :drinks sometime help too! I :love my 1/700 scale Navy stuff!
One day I may need an opti-visor, but it is not THIS Day!!

"Honey! I can't find my Invisible Thread. Have You seen it??" Think about that for just a second............... :smack I needed a better whip antenna for the VFFSB Defender. Oh well. :facepalm
More Photo-etch for USS Defiance, almost got the Defender knocked, needs a bit of touch-up.
IMG_4299.JPG

OOPS!! Gonna hafta move the starboard side ladder! :bang head Life rings, hose racks, and a start on the rails.
IMG_4300.JPG

I wonder where I can get some 1/700 "Coast Guard" markings. Hmmmmm....
IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4302.JPG

The PG's forward turret needs more work. :silly:
IMG_4303.JPG

That should be enough for today!
Oh! My thanks to my M/A brothers, who have been so kind! you guys all ROCK!! :ro: :skipper :eek:ldguy

I am overwhelmed to speechlessness. That stuff makes my Braille work look HUGE!!

I bow to the Master of Micro! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y)

Pshaw!
I just do the stuff I enjoy! :yipee
We are ALL modelers. :gogo
We all do it for the same reason. :bang head :drinks
We ARE a varied sort of People. :soldier :pilot :drinks :geek :eek:ldguy :drool :skipper
We all have different gifts. :zen
We are all the same. :yipee
Thanks my Brothers!!! :salute

Back