• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Scale F-4J Phantom II Mig Ace Cmdr Sam Flynn

Thanks Chris ... I hope to do more research as I still have questions about variations in Navy verses Air force version. The kit is a Air force model ... not being picky but there are differences between the two ... I may bring this one to Eagle Quest next year ... :pilot

What a great subject! Showtime 100 is a great historic aircraft! Here is the story of this airbattle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuAxisJZ-0

Also worth noting that the scene at the end of the Tom Cruise movie TOP GUN in which they hit the airbrakes and the bad-guy Mig flys by and into missle range is directly taken from this famous fight!

hf814ab3.jpg

This squadron flying off the Saratoga goes way back. This is a painting of a F4B taking off from a carrier and the title is "Felix leaving Sarah". Gary S.

Thanks Gary ... Yeah they've been around a while ... Don't know if I told you but this resin pit is a pain ... But then so are those panel lines ...

Fellers I don't know how to pull this from the campaign ... but With my wife breaking things and Her still off work, I've had to fill in as chief cook and Bottle washer ... So there isn't enough time to build this and do it justice ... I love my phantoms and this one I want to be a great one ... so I'll put Her on the Shelf for a bit ... then pull Her out again when things slow down in My life ... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

No problem Gerry, I'm sure someone will move this to Wesendorf Field. Resume when you can but don't worry; family always comes first. We'll wait.

No problem Gerry, I'm sure someone will move this to Wesendorf Field. Resume when you can but don't worry; family always comes first. We'll wait.

Thanks Mark ... She's healing very well ... I see someone moved this for Me ... Thanks now if I can just find bench time ... :skipper :pilot

Back