• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 OV-1D Mohawk

Xavi84

The owner of my local hobby shop used to fly the Mohawk and commissioned me to build all 4 models, A- D, of the OV-1. The only aftermarket I'm using it the Cobra Company cockpit which, is a huge improvement compared the kits offering. Even though the kit somewhat supplies decals for the walkways I decided to mask and paint them on.

3uGcpcZ.jpg

iLPEPpp.jpg

MeJRhGz.jpg

There is still quite a bit of work to be done but, so far I'm fairly pleased with my results so far.

We used to see those late 'D's at airshows in the UK quite often back in the mid-late eighties. How many times did I hear - "What's that big 'box' on the side for ??" - poor pilots must have got so tired answering that one !!

Looking forward to this one, (and the others) Xavi, keep the pics coming.

Ian.

We used to see those late 'D's at airshows in the UK quite often back in the mid-late eighties. How many times did I hear - "What's that big 'box' on the side for ??" - poor pilots must have got so tired answering that one !!

Looking forward to this one, (and the others) Xavi, keep the pics coming.

Ian.

Where do you think their used Kleenex went , if that was not the trash can ?

Cheers, Christian B)

The owner of my local hobby shop used to fly the Mohawk and commissioned me to build all 4 models, A- D, of the OV-1. The only aftermarket I'm using it the Cobra Company cockpit which, is a huge improvement compared the kits offering. Even though the kit somewhat supplies decals for the walkways I decided to mask and paint them on.

3uGcpcZ.jpg

iLPEPpp.jpg

MeJRhGz.jpg

There is still quite a bit of work to be done but, so far I'm fairly pleased with my results so far.

Very nice looking cockpit (y) . I would not object to more wip pictures :coolio

Looking forward to more . Cheers, Christian B)

Nice work Xavi ...... Great detail in those Cobra kits ..... For sure ..... More Photo's Of WIP would be very nice .... so we can see how to do a better Job .... :eek:ldguy

Thanks guys. For some reason I didnt take any WIP pics until yesterday so that's all I have right now. But don't worry, I still have 3 more to build so I'll post plenty of photos for those.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Cheers

Thanks guys. For some reason I didnt take any WIP pics until yesterday so that's all I have right now. But don't worry, I still have 3 more to build so I'll post plenty of photos for those.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Cheers

We'll be looking for them :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Back