• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 F-84G Thunderjet

After a bit of a poor start with the alclad i sanded it down and resprayed with model master paint, its not my best work but im calling it done.

h39c6769.jpg

hcf362f7.jpg

hd85ac46.jpg

h42606c4.jpg

Hi Pup,
The alclad left a sand paper like texture on the model and tiny amouts would rub off too so i sanded it down which lost some detail and resprayed. Looks ok at first glance but up close you can see some issues.

I like to put Alclad on very dry. If it goes on wet it's slow to dry and doesn't look as good to me. F-84 looks pretty nice.

I like to put Alclad on very dry. If it goes on wet it's slow to dry and doesn't look as good to me. F-84 looks pretty nice.

Correct, I lost my B49 because i slipped and let Alclad pool up around the cockpit bubble. It ate right into the base coat. Yeah I probably could have sanded it down but I didn't. :facepalm

Looking good Tom.
I gave up on Alclad a few years back.
Never could get the plastic smooth enough to not show any scratches.
Frank
:drinks :good:

Sorry to hear about the Alclad :huh:
But I think your finished build looks great, I'm really liking the yellow tips!
:v

After a bit of a poor start with the alclad i sanded it down and resprayed with model master paint, its not my best work but im calling it done.

h39c6769.jpg

hcf362f7.jpg

hd85ac46.jpg

h42606c4.jpg

I have had issues with Alclad too, but I must say...that thing is lookin' darn nice!

Back