• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Verlinden German Winter Infantrymen

I'm assuming for a starting point, I need to decide what sort of position I want, then cut the hand off the arm, and cut the arm at the shoulder?

I need to use some kind of semi-soft wire as a ligature to hold what ever I use to sculpt the arm, right?

What do you suggest for sculpting material? I have a package of Milliput that I'm assuming would work, correct?

K, got some progress made on my figures tonight. Got them mostly assembled, except for the 1 arm that is bent holding the weapon on the shoulder. The heads are also just sitting on, they aren't glued. Going to paint them first, then attach them, just wanted to put them on for the picture.

flak_figures_04.jpg

Still not sure what I want to do w/ the figures. I started thinking that if one is holding a weapon on his shoulder, if the other just had a weapon on a harness over his shoulder, and he was holding the strap, it would look different enough that you probably wouldnt see the similarity between them. So I'm going to look at that, and go from there.

Now that I'm about finished w/ my Kugelblitz, I'm planning on taking these figures back up. Instead of using both figures w/ the tank, I think I'm only going to use one, but I plan on finishing both figures at the same time.

So what does everyone recommend for using as the base color for the uniforms? I know the uniforms would have been pretty close to pure white when new, but after a very short time, I'm sure they were stained to a more of a light cream/off white color. Right now, all I ahve in my collection of paints are various pure whites. So I was thinking about mixing something into the pure white, to give me an off white cream color. Any suggestions?

Adam,lets have a look at Luiz[LUPANZER] his white winter clothes;
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/fall-figure-festival/88408-doubtupdatedec29th-the-smock-qagingq?limit=8&start=40#92768 :)

Also I noticed you used HUMBROL paint on your Kugelblitz.
You could use Humbrol 72 khaki drill as a base color and add white to it,then have dry-brush sessions with more and more white added to the base color.[It's something I picked up from the books by Francois Verlinden]
Hope this or Lupanzer's method works for you!

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron, I'll take a look at all of that.

While at the Hobby Shop this morning, I ended up getting 3 bottles of Model Color paint. I got Light Flesh, which looked like a nice pale cream dirty white color. For the highlights I got pure white, and for the shadows, I got dark sand.

I'll probably start painting the figures tomorrow.

Back