• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Tamiya PzKpfw IIc

Good work Rich.
I think, German grey was little bit of blue tone. Before you use another color for the color scheme, it will be good apply blue filter.
That is my opinion :blush:

The paint job does appear light in picture, it is darker in person. I'll have to look at it when I get home after work under more natural lighting.

Cheers,
Rich

While digging thru my stock of paints looking for an appropriate Dunkelbraun, what did I find? Two bottles of Model Master Enamels, Schwarzgrau & Schokoladenbraun. So a quick repaint of the grey and then the addition of the brown. The brown is very close in tone to the grey as described in many references and can be difficult to see where its been applied.

Cam2~0.jpg

Cam5.jpg

Cam3.jpg

Cam4.jpg

Quickly changing a shot to B&W helps show why it can so difficult to see the brown pattern in wartime photos. Add some dust and dirt to the vehicle, poor lighting, grainy film and lens filters to the mix and the two colours will blend even more.

Cam1.jpg

Cam1BW.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Making some progress. Painted and attached tools, put on the few decals and gave it a quick matte coat. Next will be starting the weathering process.

Matt2.jpg

Matt1.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

I'm glad you said you painted THEN attached the tools. I for the life of me, can't figure out how some folks can build up everything and then paint, hats off to them and you Rich!

Looking good! :soldier

Started weathering with washes and dot filters.

Weather1.jpg

Weather2.jpg

Weather3.jpg

Weather4.jpg

Next will be some dried mud on the lower hull and running gear.

Cheers,
Rich

Got the tracks on and weathered. Found a pic of the tank in Panzertruppen Vol 1 showing some stowage on the rear deck, so added a box (from the spares bin), tarp (epoxy putty rolled and folded) and fascine bundle (clipped from a straw whisk broom) that I could see in the pic.

Finish1.jpg

Finish2.jpg

Finish3.jpg

Finish4.jpg

Finish6.jpg

Finish7.jpg

With that, I think I can call this done for this campaign.

Cheers,
Rich

Back