• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Stug III Ausf G early production.

Looking good. I loved this kit. Just so you know this kit has a command radio set. DML followed a restored Stug in Norway and it was a command tank!

Nice (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
All these Stug, I looked at my Stug IIIE last night. Itching to build it but will wait and watch for more inspiration.
James

And so the stowage begins
h0055fd1.jpg

I'm going to keep a keen eye on how you do your stowage. :good: I have a Bandai kit wit lots of detail on the wait list. What scheme are you going to use? Gary S.

I'm going to keep a keen eye on how you do your stowage. :good: I have a Bandai kit wit lots of detail on the wait list. What scheme are you going to use? Gary S.

Hi Gary,
The stowage is coming along slowly but surely, I plan on a winter white wash scheme for the Stug mainly because the figures I have for it lend themselves to a winter scene. I look forward to seeing your Bandai kit taking shape,
Tom.

h106db96_2017-02-17.jpg

I don't know if you've ever heard of Tony Greenland, but his technique for winter cammo is to first paint the tank allover white and then dry brush the color on the high points. I'll try to find a photo. I have one of his books.

h0d1edeb.JPG

That's the technique I used on my T-34 85mm. Gary S.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Tony Greenland, but his technique for winter cammo is to first paint the tank allover white and then dry brush the color on the high points. I'll try to find a photo. I have one of his books.

h0d1edeb.JPG

That's the technique I used on my T-34 85mm. Gary S.

Hi Gary,
Yeah Im a big fan of Tony Greenlands work and books, if only my work looked half as good as his! But your tip is a very welcome one.
Tom

h87d7178.jpg

Tony Greenlands work is truely awesome, I have his fist book and a copy of his second edition. The spine on the first book is worn and tired from my constant flicking through it lol.

Back