• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 scale M-42 Duster twin 40mm Hellenic Army

1/35 scale M-42 Duster twin 40mm Hellenic Army
SPG - Self Propelled anti aircraft Gun model by Tamiya
That's an almost 20 years old scale model project of mine, built in only few hours. The model represent one of the M-42 Duster twin 40mm SPGs, used to operate with Hellenic Army colours. In fact, I found this M-42 Duster with exact s/n, stationed on Tsimandria beach at the island of Lemnos back in 1992, propably under some Army artillery movements for onshore protection versus LCVPs. Because I have no experience in AFVs or tanks, I took few pictures to avoid possible mistakes while building this model and relied exclusively on these photographs to build it. The M-42, was as dusty as it looks in scale, with the downward .50" BMG as you see, spare barrels, etc.

Nick the Duster looks really good!! I've got one of these that I want to fix up and your's is a good reference.

Terry ;)

Back