• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 S-38B (E-Boat)

That is so cool. I love the kit bashing you're doing to make this conversion. Were the earlier boat flat bottomed or is the pic just showing the waterline?
James

That is so cool. I love the kit bashing you're doing to make this conversion. Were the earlier boat flat bottomed or is the pic just showing the waterline?
James

The pic is showing the waterline.

I think you're better off with the Archer, higher quality IMNSHO...:mpup

Seems we had this discussion before. :hmmm

Fully agree and yes we did have this discussion when we noted that the copy of the original didn't have the same quality control.

Following as I like what I see so far!

Regards,

A small update.
Test fitted the MG 15's, think they were used mostly against enemy MTB ,ships than aircraft.

h6c619da.JPG

h14157c1.JPG

hbef84b6.JPG

All guns in place ,

h38af307.JPG

hcae48df.JPG

h069d4cd.JPG

h3036b33.JPG

hc460821.JPG

Working on the deck wile waiting for new rivets.
Painted most of the deck parts ,hatches skylight boxes and Bofors gun in Schnellboot weiß (Very light gray)

h5b94198.JPG

h091b647.JPG

h7f31361.JPG

h6aedc98.JPG

Just reading about these boats, they were bigger and faster than the Allies PT boats.

Looks great! :popcorn

Had some time to work on the S-38 :yipee

Build all the mines and sprayed them black and panzer grey.

h773bb11.JPG

h9b1f8be.JPG

Did all the rivets and sealed them with a layer of light grey primer

h7b084cd.JPG

h31b93de.JPG

h03973f3_2018-08-16.jpg

The rivets look perfect Piet! What process did you use? I can think of several ways to do it and they all are very time consuming.

h03973f3_2018-08-16.jpg

The rivets look perfect Piet! What process did you use? I can think of several ways to do it and they all are very time consuming.

First i used resin decal rivets from Archer but they broke easily when positioning and not so adhesive ,so by luck i found a Dutch model shop that did custom resin rivets .....and they are Way better '' thin carrier film and strong''

Just cut the desired length wet them like a normal water slide decal and place them on the pre primed model

h635da97.JPG

hb71150a.JPG

Back