• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Case USAAF tractor

Here’s today’s progress. I had to scratch build some parts that were broken on the sprue. Still trying out lighting solutions for photos.

IMG_0276.jpeg

Well, I'll have everything painted and and assembled except the tires and the canopy. Those will go on last. I would have liked to start putting on color yesterday but Vallejo's US Olive Drab looked a little to brownish compared to the photos of US vehicles of the time. I'm going to check my color chart and see what I can find.

I was able to get some bench time today. I sprayed the US olive drab and it’s too dark for me. I found a good match for the color on the box art, which I like. The olive drab just hides too much of the details.

IMG_2024-02-11-151422.jpeg

IMG_0025.png

I'm calling this one done for now before it drives me crazy. 1/35 Thunder Models USAAF Case tractor with scratch built canopy. Green paint kept chipping on it while I worked on it today. I'll let the paint cure for a week and then get the decals on it and do some weathering.

35TH USAAF Case Tractor.jpg

Green paint kept chipping on it while I worked on it today. I'll let the paint cure for a week and then get the decals on it and do some weathering.
Wow, you are making me wonder if I will have the same issue with my Vallejo stock...

Back