• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4B (CyberHobby kit)

DougN

Here are some finished photos of my CyberHobby/Dragon 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf109E kit. I have completed the kit in the markings of Leutnant Heindel, Adjutant, Stab II/Jadgeschwader 54, based at Arad, Romania in March 1941. I used the excellent Hussar decal sheet. I only added the aerial (with spring, insulators and cones) and a wire to the gunsight. Mr. Color paints were used throughout and the scheme was airbrushed freehand.

So, on with the pics:

DSCN1142.jpg

DSCN1133.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

DSCN1128.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1129.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

DSCN1124.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments/questions/critique always welcome.

Doug

Very nice paint job . I have always though this paint scheme to be very intriguing ! (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Outstanding airbrush control, Doug, which one do you use ??

Love the 'Jabo' schemes that JG54 used. Beautifully done, sir.

Ian

Thanks for your very kind words everyone! This is one of my favorite builds :)

Ian, I use an H&S Infinity for the detail work, and a Paasche H for the larger areas.

It really isn't too hard of a scheme to paint. I painted the fusleage RLM65, then I roughly marked the RLM71 lines on the model with a pencil:

I then painted the RLM71 lines:

Then filled in the RLM02 spots:

Of course, I did a little practice on some old wing first to get the pressure/distance dialed in :)

Thanks!

Doug

Hi DougN, TomN here...

Beautiful model and great paint work!!!

I don't build planes (yet) but I've had my eye on one of those CyberHobby 109's.

How was the build? Any complaints?

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks for your kind words guys :)

I don't build planes (yet) but I've had my eye on one of those CyberHobby 109's.

How was the build? Any complaints?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

The CyberHobby 109E is probably the best out there in terms of accuracy, and second in terms of "buildabilty". The Trumpeter kit I understand is easier to build, although it looks a bit off shape-wise to me. Both the CyberHobby and Eduard kits are designed to be built with their engine cowlings off, which can make it a bit harder for the builder to get everything together. That being said, I have probably close to a dozen CyberHobby 109E kits still in the stash as it is my preferred kit for a 1/32 109E as they really are lovely kits that go together well.

Thanks,

Doug

Back