• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Brazilian AH-2 Sabre (Mi-35) in 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hi Friends,

I am really pressed for time but I wanted to get the ball rolling on my new Project. This is going to be the Brazilian AH-2 designated Sabre in the FAB (Brazilian Air Force) which is the first Export of the Mi-35.
Brazil has bought 12 of those which are based at Porto Velho AB in Rondonia, and are used for the Border control and Anti-Drug Trafficking duties.

This is the new Zvezda kit with Eduard PE and decals from Begemot in Russia.

This is by far my favorite chopper. I hope you like it too :choppa

Cheers and happy Valentine's day (which is actually my birthday too...)

Alex

h2a1ec1e.jpg

h798c403.jpg

h261a11a.jpg

hf26c1ed.jpg

Congratulations, my friend!

Btw, very nice choice... :popcorn ...Good Lucky!

PS : Vais ter de fazer o cedilha no C bem como o acento agudo no E...

Grande abraço!

Luiz.

Eduard offered a special release a while back that had 2 of these Zvezda Mi-24 kits and a real nice reference book. Most of the photos were of Czech machines including one in H.R.Geiger "Alien" livery.

They look like really nice kits so it should be interesting to see what you do with yours Alex!..

Happy Birthday FBD!!!

Great subject I'll definitely be following along... :popcorn
Perhaps we can get together offline and talk over some paint and weathering techniques...when you get to that point.
:v

Congratulations, my friend!

Btw, very nice choice... :popcorn ...Good Lucky!

PS : Vais ter de fazer o cedilha no C bem como o acento agudo no E...

Grande abraço!

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz, Paul and Eric.

Unfortunately the Keyboard is German and I can manage to Change it to English but for portuguese it is simply not possible. So all the crazy signs we have will remain silent.

Paul, I have seen a few of These on EBay, going for about 50-60€ generally. I found it a bit expensive. If I do get a Chance I will get them as well. I have the Begemot decals which offers more than 30 Versions, so there is a lot you can do.

Eric thanks a lot! I will most definitely take you up on your offer as soon as I get to that Point. Cheers!

In any case this is the Progress so far dear friends - lots of PE and some Initial assemblying:

hef387d3.jpg

hf4a4f57.jpg

hc54ad05.jpg

h8a36c9e.jpg

hae038c2.jpg

h275cf07.jpg

h1b6bc84.jpg

Thanks Bob,

somehow I am having a Problem with These .HEIC Images, although they seem straight in my Computer when I upload them into the site they are crooked. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Alex

I have seen this with my phone photos. There is some kind of coding in the photos that the computer can sometimes ignore and do weird things with. Check the thumbnails, if they are rotated you might need to do a simple edit on the computer. I usually crop my photos and save them in the size I want to post. That way they always show up as intended.

Thanks Bob,

somehow I am having a Problem with These .HEIC Images, although they seem straight in my Computer when I upload them into the site they are crooked. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Alex

I have no idea, about this time next month the website should handle your photos much more differently. (y)

Hi friends,

Just a short note to post the stand of the Hind. Assembly of the Cockpit and main engines + rotor completed. now on to the rest of the beast.

Cheers

Alex

:choppa

Before weathering:

hb113cd5.jpg

he10a9bd.jpg

h0de0d1b.jpg

h96cad6f.jpg

heedcfcb.jpg

hb477c1b.jpg

h4372be7.jpg

After weathering:

h434e82c.jpg

h84db0d2.jpg

h5c0ce17.jpg

hfebea38.jpg

h4ca5bee.jpg

I like it! Everything looks excellent so far. I need to get a look at one of those decal sheets and see if there is any versions I want to build that I haven't already done. Nothing like a Hind!

Thanks everyone that is very Kind of you.

Mark, besides the Brazilian Version there is one Iraqi and one Venezuelan, among all the russian ones. Definitely worth checking out. You are right, nothing like a Hind!

Assembly is done, it was not easy Fitting everything together with the PE and unfortunatly some putty was needed. But it is getting there.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Alex

h8f08937.jpg

h6537d18.jpg

ha72092c.jpg

hee17efc.jpg

h795c611.jpg

h901e0a3.jpg

h8d2db58.jpg

hcfcd0fa.jpg

h710074c.jpg

Thanks Alex! I don't really have any South American armies or anything and since I already built an Iraqi Hind, I guess I'll pass. I do still need to get a canopy for my Hind D that I built in Nigerien markings. Otherwise, that Nigerian bird is finished.

Looking forward to seeing more of this come together. Keep it coming Alex!

Thanks Alex! I don't really have any South American armies or anything and since I already built an Iraqi Hind, I guess I'll pass. I do still need to get a canopy for my Hind D that I built in Nigerien markings. Otherwise, that Nigerian bird is finished.

Looking forward to seeing more of this come together. Keep it coming Alex!

Thanks Mark

I actually will start another South American Hind, a Peruvian Mi-25P, to make up for the Problems with this one. It was not easy and I am not very happy with how it is turning out, but still a good way to get back in the game after the Long pause.

Now the camo is on. I think the gray is a bit too dark, I should have mixed in some White. Next time.

Cheers

Alex

:choppa

h2e5e196.jpg

h34ce38b.jpg

hc49ade5.jpg

h3d53a5d.jpg

h87fc48b.jpg

h447cf6a.jpg

h516146e.jpg

Back