• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How Many Of These Did You Have??

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Some of us got to talking about toys we had as kids, so I did a little web surfing and found this.

http://www.timewarptoys.com/gallery.htm

There are quite a few of my favorite toys listed there, the GI Joe Space Capsule, the Johnny Eagle rifles, the Aurora space helmet, the Man From U.N.C.L.E. guns, holy cow, could really go on and on!! What a blast from the past!!

guil424.jpg

For those young radical revolutionaries.

Never got that Evil Kenival bike to work like they did on TV.

hwsprint.jpg

How many hours!

Thanks for this Mike, there goes the rest of the evening.

Oh Geez, too many to list, but the Hot Wheels set, the Mattel M-16, silly putty (Well, I still have some to use as a masking agent when airbrushing.) and Stretch Armstrong, one of my favorite toys as a kid. The list needs the metal Tonka trunks in order to be 100% complete! :laugh:

jenny croft wrote:
BARBIE :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro:

How many of you boys can walk into a toy store and get mistaken for a toy ? Except maybe Mr Potato head (you know who you are !!!) :pp

Jenny :kiss:

Barbies are not toys!!! They are action figures :woohoo:

Well, I have been called a big teddy bear once or twice :laugh: :laugh:

When I was a kid I had an action figure called Major Matt Mason-Astronaut, I think made by Mattel but he had all sorts of cool equipment-space station, moonwalker, spaceship, etc. I need to call my mom up in Wisconsin and give her a hard time about throwing out all my stuff! She does have all my Hotwheels and track plus my Matchbox cars but won't hand 'em over! She's probably selling them on e-bay as I type this :(

Tom

I still have most of the Major Matt Mason stuff at Mom's, as are the Hot Wheels! At last check, some of the battery powered Mason stuff STILL works! Too many GI Joe's to mention, but the Hot Wheels cars seem to have disappeared! :pinch: I am going to have to spend some time on this site and see what else it conjours up! Enjoy!

Major Matt Mason sounds pretty cool.

I had a few Johnny West figures and they ruled! I remember my brother and I having Johnny West with his horse, Geronimo (my favourite), a Cavalryman, and a bad guy in black duds. They had lots of cool accessories.

Grace now plays with my Hotwheels and Tonkas. Saving the Star Wars stuff untill she is alittle older. I have to admit I still love to play with them with her.

Major Matt Mason! I can't believe it, I had it, don't think I knew the name though, wow, funny how the memories flood. Or maybe some dead brain cells were revived.

Wow !

I can remember so much of this stuff. In fact, the very first (the paratrooper with the rubberband on a stick launcher)piece in the first group is something I used to play with for hours at a time. I always thought it was cool, because it gave me an excuse to climb up on the roof to get him back :laugh: . And the others also. Silly sand is another one I remember. And my sister had the little mixer set. And my oldest brother had the GI Joe suitcase full of all the extra pieces. And me an my brothers used to have litteraly hundreds of feet of Hot-Wheel tracks. We used even made a track set up that started on the roof of the house a couple of times :S , but it didn't really work that well as the cars almost always ended up falling off the track cause they were going to fast. I was surprised that I didn't see another of my favorites, Rock-em Sock-em robots.

Gary B)

MP & Tom's
mattlot_20100331_2033535372.jpg

Gary
rsrob1_20100331_1057531941.jpg

Some of my favorites
Johnny Eagle Rifle Set
jeset1_20100331_1803224600.jpg

jeaglep_20100331_1650655301.jpg

My best friend and I always fought over who got the pistol!!

I got this for Christmas in '65 or '66
battlew1_20100331_1451161192.jpg

My cousins got this!!!
tigerjoe1_20100331_1253571899.jpg

Played this in jr high until my folks got so sick of the noise, they signed me up for a junior's bowling league!! :lol:
skittlebowl_20100331_1185078851.jpg

Hope this trip down memory lane has been enjoyable, it sure has brought back great times for me!!

Dang, I had all four of those Matt Mason figures and the walker behind them! Anybody have Creepy Crawlies? (Waiting for the punchline) You poured this goop in a mold then cooked it on a supplied hot plate, insects, dinosaurs and army men. How about board games? Mousetrap, Sorry, Chutes and Ladders. Dammit I wanna go back!!

Tom

Someone dug up this old bone, thought I'd post it again, makes me smile. I'm with you, Tom, those were the days! Miss having you around.

:drunks:

LOL! I guess I am a pack-rat. I still have my old Tonka Trucks in a box. Several are very collectible. The fire engine, cement mixer and the big orange crane with the drege. There was also a dump truck and some other trucks. Parents kept them and I ended back up with them a few years ago. Played the Green Ghost game that had 3 pits you had to reach into to get the little ghosts. Monopoly games, Risk, Secret Sam guns in a brief case. The Secret Sam guns shot little white bullets (that got lost of course). My brother and I still have the big Hot Wheels double 8 track with the 2 double decker houses. I still have in storage my Kenner bridge and building girder and panel set. Built many buildings and houses with that.

Sorry that I never knew Tom. He passed before I joined MA.

With two older brothers, we had so many of those between the three of us.

A stand out was airblaster. A carefully placed ping pong ball and this thing was deadly. But I think the highest chance of injury was getting the webbing between your thumb and forfinger jammed by the lever while priming it. That and sneaking up behind someone and blasting their ear.
airblaster.jpg

Back