• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Holy Grail

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
What is your Holy Grail?

What would be the one thing you want to build if you can.

I'm getting close to one of mine. When I pull the trigger I'll tell it.

I have 2 items. A 1/32 Do-17Z and a 1/32 Bv-141B. Have been pondering doing a scratch build on one of them as I doubt anyone would ever make a kit. The other should have been kitted by now and I am puzzled that it has not been.

OK the 32 scale Martin Mars is a little far out but my Holy Grail is a 24 scale Northrop Gamma 2A

My Grail? I have two that haven't changed:

Racoon Aichi E16A Paul
he8e3b4b.jpg

Racoon Yokosouka E14Y Glen
h682fc4d.jpg

If I had my choice, I'd love to build a 1/48 Dornier Do 18 and 26 flying boats!

Easiest question for me to answer.

One of my earliest memories was getting a kit for Easter. It was hidden in the clothes dryer, my brothers and I had to follow clues to find it. They got Monster kits, I got what was perfect for my interest at that time, the house we were in puts me at either 4 or 5. I still remember being amazed at the concept of a model, cracking the box and assembling it.

Of course, what the actual kit was was lost to me for years, I just remember the subject and that it was blue. A few years ago I bought a book on Aurora and in the list of kits I found it. It's from '66 and undeniably the exact kit, since this would have been '69 or '70 and it was the only kit produced of this subject, ever.

The Aurora Demolition Demon. A 1/32 kit of a '56 Ford that was crunched in a derby. Molded all bent and twisted.

I've been looking for years now, I've only seen one come up for sale and it was last month. It was an incomplete, half assembled kit. Painted and missing the trunk lid, but I still was interested in it.

I put a cap of $125 in my head and it was going for $32 early on. Then I talked myself out of it and skipped watching it. it sold for $112, but probably would have went higher if I got in the mix. Shortly after that, I realized I really should have gone for it and will relentlessly hunt for one from this point on.

Easiest question for me to answer.

One of my earliest memories was getting a kit for Easter. It was hidden in the clothes dryer, my brothers and I had to follow clues to find it. They got Monster kits, I got what was perfect for my interest at that time, the house we were in puts me at either 4 or 5. I still remember being amazed at the concept of a model, cracking the box and assembling it.

Of course, what the actual kit was was lost to me for years, I just remember the subject and that it was blue. A few years ago I bought a book on Aurora and in the list of kits I found it. It's from '66 and undeniably the exact kit, since this would have been '69 or '70 and it was the only kit produced of this subject, ever.

The Aurora Demolition Demon. A 1/32 kit of a '56 Ford that was crunched in a derby. Molded all bent and twisted.

I've been looking for years now, I've only seen one come up for sale and it was last month. It was an incomplete, half assembled kit. Painted and missing the trunk lid, but I still was interested in it.

I put a cap of $125 in my head and it was going for $32 early on. Then I talked myself out of it and skipped watching it. it sold for $112, but probably would have went higher if I got in the mix. Shortly after that, I realized I really should have gone for it and will relentlessly hunt for one from this point on.

Someone in our community might have it in their stash.

Keep going guys. I'm still smokin' over pulling the trigger on mine.

I actually have a couple and they revolve around my youth and my Dad. Both are obtainable. :blink :blink :woohoo:

I had one or two at one time but the fire has gone out on them, currently I don't have one.

You're such a tease Pup. You want us to spill the beans but don't want to tell us yours? :hmmm

In my mind i think building a 1/72 scale ww2 destroyer would be cool. I thought about buying a 1/144 scale revell fletcher kit and using that as a template to upscale it.

In reality I look at my revell flower corvette that has been sitting on my shelf unfinished for nearly a decade and my dream evaporates. Apparently I don't have the attention span for the big projects. :idonno

Big subjects are a labor of love without a doubt.

I'm back and forth about this. I wanted to do Fireball Roberts '57 fairlane convertible, came close but didn't finish it. Guess I still could.

I guess I gravitate to these things that aren't out of the box ready to build. And it's always something I'm not use to building. Like this, I'm not a car builder but if I build this car it has to be right.

h8f123bb_2018-05-05.jpg

The 1967 Caprice Coupe. I've confirmed with my brother that it had a 396 big block in it (I always thought it was 327 but that was Mom's stationwagon), very nice car. Leather bucket seats, center console with T handle shifter.

If I model this it'll be just like this picture. Little red mud splattered because I don't remember it EVER being clean.

That and AMT Cat Bulldozer but I can't build that out of the box, I mean really, a decal for the radiator grill?

I might pull the trigger this evening. :woohoo:

Bad, Naughty Zoot! She's left our grail-shaped beacon on again.............
1/350 Tamiya CVN-65 USS Enterprise with CVW-11 aircraft compliment.

You must spank us all, Good Sir Knight. We've all been very naughty.

What sad times are these when passing Model Ruffians can stop and say "NEE!" to Hobby Shop owners.

Back