• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another FNG from Canada

sharkman

Master at Arms
Hi all,

I recognize a few of you characters on here but for those of you who don't know me, my name is Warren, I'm from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (I'll save you some time looking on Google Earth, that's in eastern Canada)

B) and I only started modeling again in late 2008. Got back into it again after leaving it for a 19 year hiatus!

My main focus is 1/48 float planes/seaplanes and flying boats but I also build the odd wheeled bird if it strikes my fancy.

I have heard good things about this site so I decided to check it out. Hopefully I'l meet some new friends on here too!

I'm pretty new on this site too. But, I've really enjoyed it! WELCOME!!! When you can post some pics of your recent builds.

William :Hiay

Welcome aboard Warren, I'm still gonna google it, always like to check out where folks are. Post up some of what you've done, look forward to seeing it. :popcorn

Thanks guys!

Here's a few I completed over the last year or so...

p39_6.jpg

s6b11.jpg

E6Y1_41.jpg

king_1.jpg

And some others that I'm currently trying to finish for another forum...

1/48 Massi Models Ro.44

44-125.jpg

1/48 Revell PBY5A

pb110.jpg

Fictional 1/48 AMTech P-40 (this one is close to being finished but not quite yet...)

40_15.jpg

My progress is generally a little slow, mainly because most of my spare time is dedicated to my little girl who's 15 months old now!!

Warren be welcome to the Alliance!

And I thing very interesting the subjects of your buildings. :ro:

Cheers :drinks

Art

Beautiful province there! My wife and I honeymooned for two weeks in Nova Scotia...came into Digby, then on to Halifax, and then swung around the south shore to Yarmouth....loved loved loved it! Welcome!!

Welcome to MA Warren. I really love that Kingfisher and am looking forward to seeing that Catalina finished up. Don't see those built very often.

Warren welcome to Modelers' Alliance! That is some very impressive work you have done.

Terry (y)

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome! Looks like a good place!

I guess I should have mentioned the completed crafts I posted earlier.

In order they were:

Promodeler P-39
Testors 1/48 Supermarine S6.B
Choroszy Modelbud E6Y1
Monogram Kingfisher with Mike West's resin float, cowl and interior sets.

Once i get a chance I'll post up some additional work. been looking around though and I see there's quite a bit of talent here!

Another Canuck here.

I'm in South-Central Ontario. I have an interest in all aspects of military modelling. I'll be looking to see some of your floatplane builds. Have you built any of the Hobbycraft ones? Did you like them?

Cheers

Back